1. I'm staying at my sister's house until Friday while she's away. For the next two days I get to play Mommy to my 17 year old nephew and 14 year old niece. Woohoo! Actually, I'm having fun with them. Matt and I were just messaging each other. He's downstairs on his computer and Sara and I are upstairs replying to him on my laptop. *giggle*
2. Any word on OT? It sucks that I have wireless high speed and no OT. *pout*
3. Dusterboy and I have now been married for 3 entire decades. *groan* I feel so effing ancient. He sent me the most beautiful flower arrangement last week and it made the entire office smell like a funeral home. *snort* Who knew lillies were so fragrant?
4. My anniversary surprise for Dusterboy was a hotel room last Friday night after work, then dinner out with people from work and then a night at the bar listening to one of my co-worker's band. Then the next morning we were going to meet up with friends and go to Sudbury for shopping and Red Lobster. Unfortunately, Dusterboy was too hungover on Saturday morning so I ended up going with our friends while he went home. *rolls eyes* He topped that off with a speeding ticket on the way home last night. $115 Grrrr!
5. Looks like Dusterboy's family is all coming to my house for Christmas Eve this year. Sure hope I don't have to work that day. They'll come up in the afternoon, have dinner, and then head home that night. We'll come to North Bay to my sister's house on Christmas morning.
6. My niece has been sitting here watching me type. I told her to find something to do so she pulled out her MP3 player and tried to show me some video clip of singing bread and vegetables. I think it was from Sesame Street. She's weird.
7. Tomorrow I have my 6 month appointment with the eye specialist where they dialate my eyes and I'm not supposed to drive. Niece has another volleyball practice at 6pm so I'll have to drive. Good thing it will be dark by then. They're down to 14 girls and he's cutting two more. Keep your fingers crossed for her!
8. I thought I sprained my finger last night at volleyball but it turns out it wasn't. I was so freakin' tired last night I could barely move and forget about jumping to hit. Been having some sleeping issues lately. Six hours a night just isn't enough but my body seems to think that's all it requires.
9. Just came back from the kitchen with a bowl full of Doritos. My niece wasn't impressed that I waited to open the bag until she had brushed her teeth before bed. *snort* I thought it was hilarious.
10. Is it wrong that I was happy that Dusterboy decided to stay home instead of coming to babysit with me? Last week so many people asked me how many years I'd been married when they saw my Happy Anniversary flowers. When I told them 30 years, they said that I should be proud because people just don't stay married for that long anymore. After this past week I can understand why. *sigh*