My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, March 20

Adventures in Dating...Chapter Two: Guys Don't Talk

Who knew that the latest chapter would come along so quickly. So this week I was contacted on MSN by a guy that I'd first heard from last summer. We'd chatted off and on for a few months before I met him for a coffee last September. He seemed nice enough but I didn't really think there was any potential with him. When he said hello this week he asked if I was interested in meeting for coffee again. I wasn't really sure if I should seeing as I didn't see potential but thought it is just a coffee....no harm in that.

He had asked about meeting for coffee a few other times and said he'd call but never did so I said that to him. He suggested 8pm Thursday night. I quickly checked to make sure Survivor wasn't on and then said okay. After I agreed he didn't say anything. I waited for him to chat but nothing popped up on my screen. Eventually I typed that he was awfully quiet tonight and that I hoped he was more talkative when we met for coffee. His reply was that "girls talk...guys don't talk". I wasn't quite sure how to answer that one but wrote back that girls like when guys talk. At this point I was trying to figure a way out of the coffee date.

He didn't reply for a bit and I could almost picture this non-talking guy trying to figure out what he could talk about. Apparently this was the best he could do. His response was that he sold his snowmobile and didn't get paid for it. Because he had made an effort I tried to make an effort too. I said, "well that sucks, why didn't you get paid for it?" What came next floored me. He said that the guy who bought it paid him part of the money but still owed him about $200 so he went to the guy's house and demanded the money saying that if he didn't get it he'd KILL him! He said the guy called the police and they came but didn't do anything other than tell him to stay away from the guy.

When I finally got past the initial shock I had a couple thoughts. 1. No way in hell am I meeting him for coffee. 2. How do I reply to THAT? and 3. Sometimes guys really shouldn't talk. I told him that I was now pretty nervous about meeting someone for coffee who made death threats over $200. He responded by going offline without saying anything. Guess he was back to not talking again. A few minutes later he signed back on and sent a message that wished me good luck and that he was deleting me. My thoughts? 1. You're deleting ME? Somehow I don't meet YOUR standards now? 2. You can't delete me...I'm deleting you first. 3. Now I understand why some guys don't talk. After deleting and blocking him I sat and laughed thinking that maybe it was time to give up the online dating thing for now but there are still a couple "irons in the fire" so there may be a couple more chapters coming soon. LOL!

7 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

Your a brave brave girl. Online dating scares the carp out of me.

Sun Mar 21, 08:51:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

OMH-that is crazy! Apparently he only meets women for coffee that appreciate a good death threat.

Glad you got out of that one!

Mon Mar 22, 02:23:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger maroonclown said...

Nice escape. There's some real wackos out there.

Wed Mar 24, 01:15:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yikes, glad you found out ahead of time.

Thu Mar 25, 09:50:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

I think you should double delete him and sanitize your keyboard! Sheesh!

Thu Mar 25, 03:37:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'd give him a death threat. Can hardly wait for the next "character" that you meet.

Sat May 01, 01:31:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

I want some more dating updates!

Mon Jul 26, 05:02:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home