My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 3

Incredibly Sad PSA...

http://www.nugget.ca/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1327035

I work with Tom Sr., the father and grandfather of those who died. Please make sure you have a working carbon monoxide detector on every floor of your home. If you're stuck for a gift? Give someone a detector.

I don't know how Tom and his family are going to get through this.

13 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

*hug*

Thu Dec 04, 02:36:00 PM EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Sorry, Lights.

I've been meaning to get one of those CO detector things...

Thu Dec 04, 03:50:00 PM EST  
Blogger maroonclown said...

It makes it so much more tragic when it could have been prevented.

{{hug}}

Mon Dec 08, 12:27:00 PM EST  
Blogger lights said...

The Mom has been transferred back to North Bay. She's not expected to survive. My co-worker was in to work for a short visit today. He's holding on but this has taken a toll on him.

Please make sure you have a CO detector. A volunteer fireman friend of mine tells me that they should be placed in plug ins near the floor. You don't want them up near the ceiling because by the time the gas gets up that far it's too late. CO is a heavy gas so it settles near the floor.

Every time I walk through the parking lot and see the flags at half staff I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye.

Mon Dec 08, 05:30:00 PM EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Oh no, how horrible. *hugs*

Tue Dec 09, 09:49:00 AM EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yikes. That is a tragic story & we all need to heed the warning.

Wed Dec 10, 11:09:00 AM EST  
Blogger Asrai said...

Oh, how awful. (((hugs)))

Wed Dec 10, 02:08:00 PM EST  
Blogger lights said...

Laurie has passed...the wake is Friday and memorial Saturday.

The company I work for and the company that Tom's son worked for are purchasing CO2 detectors for all employees. I'm getting pricing together for them. If you're buying one, make sure it has a battery back up.

So unbelievably sad. Let's just hope that lives are saved because of this tragedy.

Wed Dec 10, 07:02:00 PM EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Oh, I'm so sorry the mom passed away.

I just bought Tom (and me, I guess) a Kidde KN-COPP-B front load, battery operated CO alarm with digital display. Tom needs a digital display. And we are really good with batteries. $34.43 on Amazon with free shipping.

Wed Dec 10, 09:54:00 PM EST  
Blogger hooboosam said...

So Sorry Lightsy. *hugs*

Thu Dec 11, 10:50:00 AM EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Happy Birthday, Lightsy. *smooch*

Fri Dec 12, 08:46:00 AM EST  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

Sorry to hear about this, Lights.

{{{Hugs}}}

Sun Dec 14, 05:40:00 AM EST  
Blogger Tummy said...

Ah Lights, I'm sorry.

Wed Dec 17, 09:47:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home