My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, October 20

My bird is sleeping...

On Saturday we had a few friends over for a 4 wheeler ride. It was the first time one of my girlfriends had ever been on a 4 wheeler and she LOVED it. We left our house and headed up to the tower (where I took Carey and Breezy last fall). We took some drinks with us and had a really fun day. The second stop was at a camp on the Ottawa River and the third stop was at a remote lake.

It was at this third stop that we met up with a guy who was out partridge hunting with his Dad and two daughters. The girls were sooooo freakin' cute. They were 7 and 3 and had long blonde curly hair. They wore hunter orange fleece and were having a blast. The 7 year old was walking around carrying a dead partridge and cradling it in her arms like a puppy. The partridge's head was flopping around and she's gently pick it up and reposition it as she petted it. She told my friend that her bird was sleeping. *snort* We had had a couple drinks by this point and had a lot of trouble keeping our giggles on the inside.

Can you say redneck?

11 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

Redneck.

Tue Oct 21, 08:29:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Little girls are always so sweet. If she had been a boy she would have been twirling the dead partidge by its neck and making shooting sounds.

Tue Oct 21, 08:30:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger maroonclown said...

This disturbs me.

Tue Oct 21, 01:43:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

Redneck!

Was that my outside voice?

Tue Oct 21, 08:23:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

And a deeeaad partridge in a pear treeeeee.

Thu Oct 23, 11:41:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

There sure are a lot of rednecks in blogland. *grin*

Thu Oct 23, 12:16:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

I thought of the "12 Days of Chrismas" song, too.

Was the little girl's name "Sarah," by any chance?

Fri Oct 24, 09:27:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

I thought of the poor blind girl from Dumb and Dumber. Next she'll be duct taping it's head back on.

Sun Oct 26, 10:34:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger MM said...

LOL! All I could think as I read this was how much *I* want to come spend a day with you. :)

Thu Oct 30, 01:48:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

MM, you really would need to spend more than just one day. *grin*

*sings* I'm a Redneck Woman!

Fri Oct 31, 11:52:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Wake up your bird.

Sun Nov 02, 09:50:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home