My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, June 25

1. WHAT DATE IS YOUR ANNIVERSARY? November 4th (1978 making this year our 30th anniversary)

2. WHERE DID YOU GET MARRIED? Powassan United Church.

3. WHO PROPOSED AND HOW? Neither. I think we both just thought it was the right thing to do seeing as I was pregnant. I've always wished that I could have had a real proposal.

4. HOW LONG WERE YOU ENGAGED? Two months.

5. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE PART OF YOUR WEDDING DAY? (AND IT CAN'T BE YOUR HUSBAND) . Dancing with my Dad and Dusterboy rubbing my feet on our wedding night.

6. WHAT WOULD YOU CHANGE IF YOU COULD? What wouldn't I have changed? *snort* Actually, I would have changed the disc jockey. He was about 80 years old and his music was older. I wouldn't have dropped my cake and broke it when delivering it to the hall and I would have done my hair differently.

8. REMEMBER ANYTHING SPECIAL ABOUT YOUR WEDDING CEREMONY? My MIL was 20 minutes late because Dusterboy's old girlfriend had ditched her car on the way to the ceremony and they stopped to pull her out. The minister called Dusterboy by his last name which is also a girl's name. Made us giggle.

9. WHERE YOU CLEAN OR MESSY WHEN YOU CUT YOUR CAKE? Definitely clean. I've never been to a wedding where they squish cake on the other's face. I don't think Canuckians do that. *snicker*

10. WHERE DID YOU GO ON YOUR HONEYMOON? Back to work. We didn't do a honeymoon until our 10th anniversary when we spent a week in Daytona Beach.

Thanks Swami...I was trying to figure out what to blog about. It was either this or the neverfreakinending thunder storms we've been having. This was much more fun.

4 Comments:

Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Those Canucks...so refined. :-)

I didn't know you had a shotgun wedding! Yeeeeeeeeehaw!

Thu Jun 26, 02:12:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

I feel like I was there; good stories.

I remember your "How we met" story.

Sat Jun 28, 02:03:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

I would have cried unconsolably if I'd dropped my cake. I bet you were beautiful.

Sat Jun 28, 11:48:00 a.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what's this about Dusterboy's old girlfriend? Sounds like something out of the movie, Sweet Home Alabama.

Tue Jul 01, 09:09:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home