My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Sunday, September 7

The Wedding Crier

That was me this weekend. My cousin's daughter was married on Saturday and I've never cried so much at a wedding. It was a beautiful wedding and the best ceremony I've ever attended. Why the tears? Amanda's mom died suddenly when Amanda was only 8 months old. My cousin has dedicated his entire life since then to raising her. He did an amazing job and she's a beautiful person inside and out. I couldn't help but think about everything they've been through. My cousin and his wife were so in love. They were "that couple" that everyone aspires to be. The speaches and the first dances had me all choked up again. When Amanda thanked her Dad for being both the Father and the Mother of the Bride I almost bit through my cheek trying to hold it in.

On the lighter side...
The minister used a Mr. & Mrs. Potato Head as props during the ceremony.
I had a "quicky" with Meemo on Friday afternoon.
Dusterboy is so directionally challenged that he got lost across the street from the hotel.
We bought new dishes for our redecorated dining room. Now we need a table and chairs.

Back to work tomorrow morning. *pout*

10 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Crybaby. *grin*
*smooch*

Wed Sep 10, 10:14:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

I'm not so sure about the Mr & Mrs
Potato Head as props...

A quicky with Meemo?
*perks up*
*waits for pics*

Wed Sep 10, 04:33:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

The Mr and Mrs Potato Head were used to illustrate that as a relationship grows the partners change...some add glasses...some add a mustache (usually the man). Some lose their hair...some gain weight. But through it all love grows and we accept these changes. We were laughing after the wedding that she should have mentioned that kidneys could be interchanged seeing as my cousin was given a kidney from his dad.

It was cute but we were all curious prior to the start of the ceremony just HOW the potato heads factored into the wedding.

Meemo and I have seen each other so much lately that we didn't even bother with pictures this time...it was a quicky afterall. *grin*

Wed Sep 10, 07:00:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

*hands lightsy a Kleenex

Love the Mr and Mrs Potato Head prop vows LOL

Thu Sep 11, 10:52:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger maroonclown said...

*drops into blog*

Remember back in the day when you used to be able to buy the stuff for Mr. Potato Head but you had to use a real potato?

Good times.

Thu Sep 11, 11:51:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

The wedding sounds lovely. I like the Mr. and Mrs. Potato head props! Can you post pictures of the new dishes?

Mon Sep 15, 06:46:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

Puffy, remind me to take pictures of the dishes once I move home from the cottage and I will.

Mon Sep 15, 08:38:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*sniffle* I can imagine it was a tearjerker.

I love the Potato Head Prop! I always quote Toy Story and tell Chris he forgot his angry eyes.

Tue Sep 16, 09:35:00 a.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love stories like that Lightsy.

Interesting minister.

The Meemo thing didn't register immediately. Goofy Boo. Speaking of Meemo, there is a hot guy at my gym who looks like Meemo's Manga character from OT.

Poor Dusterboy.

What kind of dishes? I love dishes.

Thu Sep 18, 08:56:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger yvonne said...

AWwww, I teared up reading about the wedding. Thank you for sharing, Lightsy.

I'm uber jealous about the quickie with Meemo.

Fri Sep 26, 06:13:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home