My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, July 12

The Fortune Teller & Lasso Girl

One of my co-workers plays in a band and often play at a bar in North Bay. Whenever they do a bunch of us from work get together and go. Last night was one of those nights. We went out for dinner first and then headed over to the bar around 8:30 so we'd get a good table close to the dance floor.

The bar is not one of the most happening places in town. The patrons are um, colourful to say the least. *grin* The place is always packed when our friend's band plays and our group normally stick together in one corner and travel in pairs to the bathrooms. Last night as the place was filling up with these colourful characters I thought of that music video for Toby Keith's "I Love This Bar".

We spent half the night laughing our asses off at them and the other half feeling guilty for doing so. Watching them dance was like watching a train wreck, we just couldn't look away. Now I'm not a great dancer by any stretch of the imagination but never in my life have I seen so many unique dance styles under one roof.

At one point I was dancing with my co-worker and this chick who'd been looking at me all night came over and starting talking. We didn't catch everything she said but from what we did hear, she was telling us our "fortune". She said that we were going to be very happy together. *snort* Um, okay.

Near the end of the night there was only Dusterboy and I and one other couple left. Two young guys and three young girls came in, I'd guess them to be college students. They were having their own little party and were told they couldn't have their drinks on the dance floor so they set them on the end of our table after asking if that was okay. The girls were beautiful, absolutely stunningly beautiful. The stood like sore thumbs in the motley crew that were on the dance floor. The tallest girl was a very sexy, seductive dancer and we were all hypnotized by them although I'm sure Dusterboy and my co-worker were enjoying it more than his wife and I were. *grin*

The tall, dark haired girl got my co-worker and his wife up to dance and during the next song she tried to get Dusterboy and I up. Dusterboy doesn't dance. Ever. I got up and danced with her against my better judgement. I didn't even want to be in the same room as her let alone dance beside this tall, young beauty. I don't think I've ever felt so old and frumpy. But what the hell I wanted to dance. While she was dancing with me she made a motion of twirling a lasso and then throwing it at Dusterboy. Once she had him "roped", she then started to try to lure him onto the dance floor. The look on his face was PRICELESS! I was LMAO at his inner turmoil at not wanting to dance but not wanting to say no to her. *snort* She never did get him up...on the floor at least. *snicker* She started dirty dancing with me a little and I had a moment where I thought I might be able to switch teams. Wow. That girl oozed sex appeal.

What a fun night! We didn't get home until 3am so we were heading towards 24 straight hours. I'm having a lazy day today but I did manage to make French Onion Soup, ribs and salad for dinner which is ready now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

I bet you had a "fun night" after you got home, too. *giggle*

Sat Jul 12, 07:29:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

Puff, quit beating me to things!

I. was going to ask if you reaped the rewards of her sex appeal lightsy...but Puffy.....

Sounds like you had a ball.

Sun Jul 13, 09:23:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

*giggle* Wish I had been there.

Mon Jul 14, 08:26:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Sounds like a blast. *giggle*

Mon Jul 14, 10:43:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger kevingrout said...

That sounds like fun.

Whenever lightsy is around, the party follows!

Thu Jul 17, 12:18:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

IIRC, I didn't reap any rewards until Sunday morning. *snort*

I actually thought of Thelma and Louise and wished you two had been there.

*snicker* My parents think that's actually the case, Meemo.

Sun Jul 20, 09:29:00 p.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that Toby Keith song. Absolutely love it.

I'm not a dancer either. I have no groove, no rythym, no nothing. So I can totally relate to Dusterboy.

I can do a little here and there when I'm sitting, but the upper and lower bodies just don't work well together.

Do you remember Jamie Lee Curtis in True Lies when she was pole dancing with that bed post. That's me. Or Elaine from Seinfeld. I suck at dancing.

Mon Jul 21, 10:19:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home