My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, July 5

Bling Bling!


Or how I celebrated the 4th of July!

Last night after work we went to the mall to start buying replacements for some of the items that were stolen during the breakin. We were just going to have a look at stuff and not buy it all but we were thinking of picking up Dusterboy's watch and my anklet.

We went to one store and then wandered into Dusterboy's favourite store, Peoples. They were having a 30% off sale as well as a save the tax sale. It was a really good sale and the saleslady was really nice. She showed us watches first and we decided on a Seiko Titanium. I love it and Dusterboy is so excited that it is soooooo light. Then she found me the exact anklet that was stolen. I immediately put it on my ankle and wouldn't take it off. I finally felt dressed after feeling naked all summer while wearing sandals and shorts or capris.

Then I mentioned that I needed to start looking for a wedding ring replacement as well. Her eyes lit up a little at that. She showed me a three stone ring. It had one large stone in the middle, two smaller ones on either side and then 5 tiny stones in a line on either side. On the inside of the ring it says Past*Present*Future. Where the asteriks are there are two tiny diamonds as well. Then the wedding band has five more stones with the same 5 tiny ones on either side of them. All together there are 30 stones. It's so pretty. And sparkly too. I wasn't sure if I wanted to commit myself but I have 30 days to decide if I want to keep it and 90 days to pay. It was such a good sale and the ring was so perfect that I had to go for it.

Thirty stones for 30 years of marriage. Past*Present*Future. I really think it was meant to be. I can't stop looking at it. I almost started crying in the store. It was strange. I wasn't expecting it to be an emotional night but it was.

To make it even more emotional the saleslady was Michelle's neighbor and she recognized us from the funeral. We told fun stories about Michelle and talked about how much we missed her.

I will always remember how I spent July 4th, 2008.

13 Comments:

Blogger MM said...

That got me all choked up. How wonderful for you. I think the ring was definitely meant to be. You guys deserve this. *gets all choked up again*

Sun Jul 06, 03:29:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

*sniff

I think it was meant to be, and while it's not the original ring, what a beautiful story to go with it.

*smooches

Sun Jul 06, 05:47:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

*grabs a tissue*
30 stones; 30 years of marriage and 30 days to decide! Post a picture, if you get it, mmmkay?

Sun Jul 06, 07:49:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

*sniff* Awwwwwwww *sniff* sound like it was meant to be, to me.

*smooch*

Can I laugh now about Dusterboy's favorite store being Peoples? I didn't even think anyone else had a Peoples store. *snort* My hometown has one.

Mon Jul 07, 12:00:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger momma said...

Ohmyheck. It was so very meant to be.

*hugs*

Mon Jul 07, 03:24:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yay, this makes me super happy. *big smooch*

Mon Jul 07, 04:53:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger mtw said...

The ring sounds awesome. 30 years. Wow!

Hey, is it wrong that I've been picturing you without your anklet? *evil grin*

Tue Jul 08, 08:31:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Wow, what a big day. I'm so glad you found something that made you emotional. *hug*

Wed Jul 09, 11:23:00 a.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Lightsy!!

*hugs and smooches - 30 of 'em*

Thu Jul 10, 12:26:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

*hands out tissues* Buncha softies! *grin*

Thanks everyone. Breezy, Dusterboy just got his shiney new Peoples credit card in the mail today. Now he's happy too. *giggle*

*blushes at MTWs post*

Cute story...I called my Mom to tell her about the rings. I used Dusterboy's description of "bling" when I told her. She didn't know what bling was but didn't want to ask.

She had my neice and nephew for the weekend and as they were driving to the strawberry patch with my Dad and the kids she was telling them the story of my rings. When she repeated that Dusterboy said that there was major bling happening Matt and Sara burst out laughing in the back of the truck.

Mom was afraid she had said something bad and was relieved when they explained what bling was. *snicker*

Thu Jul 10, 09:10:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

Yay pics. And your mom is cute, I like her.

Fri Jul 11, 08:19:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

It's beautiful. I never had a "wedding set" like that.

Sat Jul 12, 07:31:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

The rings are beautiful, Lights! I vote you keep them. Also? I want a set just like it! We were too cheap to buy diamonds back in the day and now we're too busy supporting our children who are supposed to be busy supporting us by now anyway but they're not.

Fri Jul 18, 03:35:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home