My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Friday, August 29

Summer's Here!

Looks like summer has finally arrived in Northern Ontario. And I? am a genius for booking my holidays on the week that it made it's first appearance! The forecast shows sunshine all next week and no rain! Of course, I'm sure I've just jinxed myself and will end up with rain all week. :P

So while the rest of the world is going back to school, I'm going to sleep in! <----my favourite part of vacations

Things I'll be doing when I wake up.

1. Make chili sauce with the bushel of tomatoes I bought yesterday.
2. Picking and freezing green beans.
3. Swimming, kayaking, tanning, reading and drinking. :D
4. Entertaining a few visitors.
5. Going to wedding in St. Catherines next weekend (and hopefully seeing Meemo again).
6. Possibly re-shingling the cottage roof if Breezy and Carey show up to help.
7. Picking up 6 cord of wood from the old woodman. Remember him from last year?
8. Play with a new toy Dusterboy brought home last night.
9. Catch up on Holly time. I've been neglecting her lately.
10. Go for a 4 wheeler ride.

6 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

Uh, Lights... Labor Day weekend is the traditional end of summer.

Your list:

1. Don't forget the cumin! Make it really spicey for those cold winter nights!
2. Good for you!
3. What came before drinking?
4. You're way more sociable than I am.
5. Now I have to find out if my evil sister is going to a wedding this weekend. I hope not!
6. That's a good out.
7. Uh...
8. Toy? Adult toy?
9. *gives Holly her own new toy*
10. Wheee!

Fri Aug 29, 10:40:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Breezy is the butch roofer chick. I'm just a gay girl. I can give you all mullets and sew flannel for you though.

Sun Aug 31, 12:17:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

I have to shovel fill sand for the floor now. *flexes muscles*

Sun Aug 31, 08:12:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Silvergirl said...

Have fun on your summer vacation, Lights.

Mon Sep 01, 11:17:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Jeal-ous. I keep wishing I had a vacation at home this year. It won't happen for awhile. Maybe in October.

So what are you using chili sauce for...like chili-starter, or like the sweet/hot tomato sauce cousin? I made some from the Ball Blue Book a few years ago and it was too sweet to do much with.

Thu Sep 04, 04:14:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Breezy has sand for the floor in her house? Wow, she really IS a redneck.

Thu Sep 04, 04:15:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home