My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, October 6

There's a Happy Fox Nearby

Saturday morning Dusterboy and I went up to the cottage to take the boat out of the water and pick up a few things we needed. He drove the truck and trailer over to the landing while I drove the boat. It took him a while to get there so I did a couple circles around the lake. I love taking the boat out by myself. Makes me feel so independant!

When we got home I started making stuffing and getting a turkey ready for the oven. When I took it out of the plastic wrapper it smelled slightly "off". Not bad, just not quite right. I went ahead and stuffed it and cooked it and then ended up throwing it out when it was done. It didn't have the good turkey smell that it should have had and it, again, smelled slightly "off". Has that ever happened to you? Dusterboy took the turkey over to the sandpit across the highway and dumped it in the bush. I can just imagine some little fox stumbling upon that and thinking he's hit the motherlode! :P

Tony Stewart sucks.

We're having family portraits done at my parent's house next weekend while we're there for Thanksgiving. Any suggestions about what to wear? The photographer thought fall coloured tops and jeans.

7 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

I have finally learned to just trust my nose. If it smells wrong uncooked it will only smell worse after cooking. I have never tossed a whole turkey but I have tossed hamburger, chicken and lots of sausage out. I have a very strong aversion to bad sausage. *grins*

I like the fall color clothes idea. Don't forget your dazzling smile!

Hmm. I don't think I ever took our boat out alone!

Tue Oct 07, 10:26:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger maroonclown said...

Even if it smelled slightly off, you know you wouldn't enjoy it as much after it was cooked because that spooky music would be following you around, getting louder and louder, just waiting for that moment when your tummy seizes up and WOOF! Projectile vomiting - the first sign of food poisoning.

You did the right thing by tossing it.

I, too, like the idea of the fall colour clothes. I don't particularly like the idea of family portraits, but that's just me. :)

Tue Oct 07, 04:00:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

I knew that there was no way I'd be able to eat it without MAKING myself ill just thinking about it. *grin* Even if there was nothing wrong with it I would have been sick. LOL!

Apparently my Dad isn't crazy about family portraits either. He told us he had enough pictures already when we told them we had made the plans for Thanksgiving weekend. Sheesh! Sometimes parents can be as trying as teenagers!

Tue Oct 07, 05:27:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

Wear your bathing suit! *grin*

Wed Oct 08, 11:22:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Thanksgiving isn't like for another month. *head tilt*

Wed Oct 08, 04:00:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Tummy said...

ewww, bad bird. Ick. Why is it that bad food doesn't kill off the animal that eats it?

I like the pics where everyone wears the same color, doesn't have to be the same shade, just the color.

Fri Oct 10, 03:05:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

I like family photos when the clothes match. The photographer had a good idea.

Sun Oct 12, 08:23:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home