My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, September 27

Moving Day

Tomorrow is moving day. Time to head home for the winter. I'm excited and sad at the same time. I'm looking forward to an extra 20 minutes of sleep in the morning but I'm going to miss the view.



Had to post a picture of my Mums for Augie.

This is a road we take on the way home. It's a back way that saves us some time and at this time of year the leaves are spectacular!











In other news...Holly is now a week into her Phenobarbital and we're calling her Cheech because she's so stoned all the time. It's affecting her squirrel hunting activities. Look at those eyes! *snort* No seizures but it's awful seeing her so groggy. We'll take her for bloodwork in a few weeks to make sure the levels are okay. They told us to expect her to be very drugged for the first two weeks until she gets used to the meds.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tummy said...

I relaxed just looking at the pictures! Beautiful.

Hugs to Holly.

Sun Sep 28, 11:22:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

Well that makes me happy to know, Tummy. :D *hugs*

It's almost 5pm on Sunday and I've finally sat down. We started packing at 9am this morning and were home by 1pm. Then we had to clean 4 months of dust and unpack everything.

I'm not sure what I missed the most...my tv or my waterbed or my lazyboy chair. *grin* I think it may be the tv!

My thumb is throbbing. Yesterday I was moving a log and jammed my thumb between it and another log. I thought I was going to pass out it hurt so bad. I jammed it again today during my cleaning frenzy. *sobs*

Sun Sep 28, 04:51:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

I miss being there. One year ago today. *pout*
*waves to Holly*

Sun Sep 28, 10:07:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

This time last year we were having lemon meringue pie and drinks. *pout*

Mon Sep 29, 09:15:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Hey - who took my comment? I'm sure I left one here a couple of days ago!

How is Holly adjusting to her meds?

Fri Oct 03, 10:43:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

I think she's starting to tolerate them better, Swami. She's not looking so much like Cheech anymore. *grin*

One of the side effects of the drugs is excessive peeing. She's having trouble lasting all day like she used to and has been peeing in my bathroom each day while we're at work. Thankfully, it's not on the carpet but it is on my new laminate hardwood. Tonight we bought puppy training pads to see if we can teach the old dog a new trick and possibly "litter train" her.

While I was at the pet store I found a little pink flamingo toy for her. *grin* Guess who I was thinking of when I bought it!

Fri Oct 03, 05:45:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

Exquisite scenery. *smoochies and puppy treats for Holly*

Mon Oct 06, 01:57:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home