My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Thursday, February 9

The Mole Hunter - Part III

Recrap - Lights in not a happy camper. Moles are invading her space. Holly is deathly afraid of the evil broom and $35.00 has been spent on rodent elimination. Moles #1 and #2 have been tossed onto a four foot snowbank as a treat for any wild animal that would like a little snack.

Wednesday afternoon after being invaded by Russians at work I arrived home and opened the door almost expecting to see a re-enactment of a scene from Ben or Willard. We step inside and are relieved to see that Holly hasn't met us at the door with molemouth. I send Dave off to check the traps and under my pillow in case Holly has actually caught one and buried it under my pillow for future enjoyment.

Dave's search comes up empty but he reports that one of the traps has been seriously nibbled upon so he McGivers the trap so it has more of a hair trigger. I can't forget that there is still at least one more rodent loose in my home but a generous serving of Southern Comfort begins to put those thoughts to rest. Dave heads outside to start shovelling the four feet of snow off the garage roof and I'm left inside with my trusty attack dog. I'm sure she was just looking uninterested in the mole hunt, trying to lull the mole into a false sense of security.

I sat down at the computer to begin writing chapter two of my adventures and I'm about (not aboot) three paragraphs into it when the trap located about 10 feet away snaps. I immediately spring out of my chair and land on top of the bookshelf attached to my desk. When my heart start beating again I crawled down and buzzed Dave on the intercom and let him know that his presence is required toot suite.

Mole #3 eliminated! Woohoo! They say that things come in threes and I've never wanted to believe that more than I do at this moment. Please, please, let three be the magic number. Dave removed the body, reset the trap and headed back outside where him and his buddy were hoisting the snowblower up on the garage roof. I head for the liquor cabinet where I mix myself another generous portion and finish my chapter.

The rest of the evening was uneventful. No more snapping mousetraps, no sightings. I went to bed with a good feeling for the first time in a couple nights. This morning I still thought right away of shaking my slippers and I had Dave check my boots before I stuck my feet inside but still no more sightings.

When we arrived home tonight I was anxious to know if there were any more dead bodies to be removed. Thankfully, the traps were empty. I think we may have evicted the last unwanted houseguest. This may be the last chapter in this story. Please let this be the final chapter.

*glares at Bobdebigmeaniestupidhead* I ain't afraid of no mouse! *giggle*

6 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

molay, molay, molay.
This makes no sense if you didn't watch TAR or was it Survivor or was it Big Brother or was it The Mole? *snort*

Glad you got rid of the mole.
You don't say aboot? I'm disappointed. I love those Canadian accents.

Thu Feb 09, 08:02:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

Wait, so are moles really smaller than mice? I bet they're cute. And the poor little guys were freezing in the snow and needed somewhere warm to live. So you killed them.
Didn't you ever see American Tail?

Poor little guys.

Thu Feb 09, 08:27:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

Thank goodness. I was about to start boycotting the mole infested blog.

Thu Feb 09, 10:18:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Wild animals always live in menage a trois, so of course there are only three, Lights. Of course.

Fri Feb 10, 10:17:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

*snicker*

Yeah, there's ooooonnnnllllyyyy three.


*snicker*

Fri Feb 10, 12:58:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Lights, I am deeply sorry for your stress, but if it helps at all, you just completely made my day. I needed a good laugh and you provided it. *smooch*

What a great story. You are so funny.

Sat Feb 11, 07:37:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home