My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, January 23

Election Day

Help me. I have no idea who to vote for. In the past month I've considered voting for Harper, Martin and Layton. My Dad and I had a bit of a talk about politics about 2 weeks ago in which he jokingly (I think) told me not to vote Liberal because he didn't want me to cancel out his Conservative vote. I may do that just so I can taunt him about it. I have until after work to decide. Bob? Wanna help your minion decide?

Work has been crazy hectic. We still haven't replaced the accounting person so I'm the only one in the office these days. That means no lunch break for me. Hell, I even have to ask someone to answer the phone for me so I can take a pee break. I'm getting tired of this.

For the second weekend in a row I never stepped foot outside the house from Friday night until Monday morning. It's hibernation time for me. I've managed to get a lot done. My desk is the cleanest it's been since I first bought it about ten years ago. I'm about eight pages into my Cozumel scrapbook. I baked blueberry muffins yesterday. They weren't as good as the banana muffins I made last week.

I'm starting to get a little excited over this Niagara Falls thing. It should be a very interesting weekend. I only wish more of the blogpeeps could make it.

13 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

My Dad and I often cancel each other out in votes. Heh.
I want a blueberry muffin.

Mon Jan 23, 08:37:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

I am totally ignorant of Canadian politics these days.

However, I would like a blueberry muffin too. They are one of my favorites. I don't remember ever having a banana muffin--just banana bread.

When is the Niagara Falls thing?

Mon Jan 23, 09:29:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Monstah said...

Can you write in a name? Vote for Bob.


Swami, I think the Niagra Falls thing is still in the planning so no date has been set. (I am not going.)

Mon Jan 23, 09:44:00 a.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No help with the voting. Apparently, among many other stupid agenda items, Virginia has some sort of "state salamander" issue this year.

I swear there are times when I would really like to run on a "common sense" agenda, but I know I'd never get any votes that way.

I managed to get out on Saturday to take my son to breakfast at Panera and to the grocery store. We had a really nice time at Panera. Out of the blue, he started singing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider."

I had a banana nut muffin this morning. It was left over from the class on Friday. I nuked it and put a pat of butter on it. Delish.

I don't think we'll be doing the Niagara thing. July is our vacation month and also when Registration Season begins here. We are going South. Hopefully, I can try for a Nookie Peep Meet.

Mon Jan 23, 11:05:00 a.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW: I did manage to finish your "story."

*smooch*

Mon Jan 23, 11:06:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

*sets out a plate of blueberry muffins*

I'm guessing the Niagara thing will end up being sometime during July or August. As long as it's on a weekend I will likely be there. I would have prefered June or September myself but I know that is a problem for many.

Monstah, you're a genius! I'll vote for Bob. Bob for Prime Minister! Woohoo! Problem solved.

Mon Jan 23, 11:20:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Boo, I had no idea until just now that you were in Virginia. Too bad you won't make it to Niagara Falls, it would have been great to see you there.

Salamander issues. I wonder if that's like the big arguement over the spring bear hunt up here. *grin*

Mon Jan 23, 11:23:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

mmmmm, muffins.

I agree, vote for Bob. Then maybe Bob can use "Prime Minister Candidate" on her resume. And she can tell all of her friends about "that one time I ran for Prime Minister."

I'm excited about the peep meet, too. And for those who can't make it, lights and I will cry into our drinks for your absense.

Mon Jan 23, 12:43:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Sonya said...

I need to spend one weekend hibernating and get some stuff done.

Mon Jan 23, 01:05:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

I'd like one blueberry muffin, one nut-less banana muffin and one clean desk, please.

Mon Jan 23, 08:30:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

So? did you vote for Bob?

*takes a blueberry muffin*

I am hoping to make the peep meet, but of course I can't plan anything until we have firm dates. It is possible other things could happen between now and then.

I could also see this thing crapping out. Several peeps have already mentioned some conflicts.

Thanks for the muffin!

Tue Jan 24, 09:23:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I need to hibernate also. Love just staying in to get everything done.

I hope I can make the Niagara Falls meeting.

Boo, keep me updated on your vacation plans down south. I'd love to meet up with you.

Tue Jan 24, 09:27:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Gah!

I'm too late. Did you vote? Who for?


Well, I'll answer anyway. I think it is generally better to vote "for" a party rather than strategic voting (though I have voted somewhat strategicly in the past for a 2nd choice). It makes you feel more clean somehow.

I can honestly see good reasons to vote for every party.

Wed Jan 25, 01:22:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home