My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Friday, January 13

Ack!!! Friday the 13th!

This morning when I arrived at work, I was turning the key off in my car when I heard a big truck pull in the driveway and pull up behind me. It's 7am and still very dark and I'm all alone in the parking lot in a very isolated area. I'm thinking to myself, this is the stuff that slasher movies are made of. Lock the car door, drive away, grab your cell phone and call 911!

Not really, I was pretty sure that it was my friend Ray, who drives a city snowplow/sander and always makes sure that the hill by my office is well plowed, sanded and salted during the winter. He's a sweetheart. It was indeed him so I got out of the car and tried to walk over to see him. The ground was still covered in ice from Wednesday's storm. I managed to stay upright, got a nice hug and chitchatted for a few minutes. When he left he asked if there was anyone else around and when I said no he said, "Okay, you didn't see this." and then he sanded the path I had to walk to get to the office.

Now that it's daylight I had to laugh when I saw the path of sand that leads from my car to the door. I can't believe nobody's commented on it.

21 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Aww! What a sweet guy to do that for you.

Fri Jan 13, 11:12:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Illegal sanding alert!!!!

Heck, in my yard, sand is part of the natural landscape. Stay safe, lightsy!

Fri Jan 13, 11:41:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Zombs said...

Maybe it was bigfoot?

Fri Jan 13, 12:21:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Sonya said...

Friday 13 and Glowie's and my other half's b-day. Small world.

Fri Jan 13, 12:48:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Are you not allowed to have sand, Lightsy?

Fri Jan 13, 01:09:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

Aww, that was so sweet of him. Is he cute? *smutty thoughts*

Fri Jan 13, 01:53:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

LOL ~ of course we're allowed to have sand. I guess I was a little vague. The whole parking lot is sand. He just didn't want anyone to see him because he could jeopardize his job by spreading sand on private property with the city sander truck.

Fri Jan 13, 01:56:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Hmmm. Is he cute? Depends on your taste in men. I think he's kinda handsome. Didn't you say you like older men? He's in his mid 50's, has a mustache, kinda bald on top but is seldom seen without his ball cap, is in pretty good shape for his age (this is the first year he didn't play in a baseball league) and he is a young-at-heart mid 50.

Fri Jan 13, 02:04:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Awwwwwwwwwww very nice. Next time you see him, tell him all your imaginary girl friends think he's a doll LOL.

Fri Jan 13, 02:36:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Glowie said...

Awww. What a sweet guy. That's right, snowplow dude, take care of our Lightsy.

Fri Jan 13, 02:41:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mtw said...

That's relly nice.

*insert witty comment*

I couldn't think of one just now. :-)

Fri Jan 13, 02:44:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

MTW, just for the record, I expect my future husband to be funny on command. Better sharpen that wit, handsome. *wink*

Yes, snowplow dude is a doll. I'll say hi to him for you all. :D

Fri Jan 13, 02:56:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Zombs said...

I still think it is bigfoot. Don't you live in Bigfoot territory?

Fri Jan 13, 02:58:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

You're right Zombs, it was Bigfoot. You gonna come visit me now? *grin*

Fri Jan 13, 03:25:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

If he's in his 50s (I prefer mid 40s myself) or it was Bigfoot, I'll come too. *grin*

Fri Jan 13, 04:05:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

That's very sweet, Lights. And it was also nice of you to not call 911 on him. So he's your Ray of sunshine on a cold, dark morning?

If it weren't Friday I'll bet Mean Jean would claim the parking spot with the miracle sand trail as her own for the rest of the week.

Fri Jan 13, 04:39:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

And Zombs got the 13th comment with a bigfoot post. Perfect!

Fri Jan 13, 04:40:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Zombs said...

MM only likes bigfoot in his 50's? How can she tell?

Oh I am too afraid of Bigfoot to ever tempt him.

Fri Jan 13, 05:12:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

You count the rings on his...never mind.

Fri Jan 13, 05:35:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

How nice!

LOL @ MM and Zombie

Sat Jan 14, 02:17:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Monstah said...

*gasp* You know Ray too?!?!?!?

Sun Jan 15, 04:20:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home