My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Sunday, January 8

Chapter Two - Who's it gonna be?

So where was I? Oh ya, cooking canned potatoes. So that was my second face to face encounter with Dusterboy. My girlfriend was actually much more interested in him than I was at that point. It certainly wasn't love at first sight. She talked about him all the time and then, as fate would have it, she ended up sick and spent a week in hospital and had her tonsils removed so she was out of the picture for a few weeks. One weekend while she was sick I spent the night at my other friend's house. You remember, the one with the brother? She was still living a pretty sheltered life and I convinced her to come to town with me and go to the hangout apartment.

There were a bunch of people there and we each had a couple beer. I was sitting at the kitchen table and at one point an empty chair appeared beside me. This guy, Andrew, was just about to sit down in it when Dusterboy grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and pulled him out of the chair and then sat down himself. Everyone laughed but Dusterboy just turned to me, winked and smiled. I was surprised, flattered, and embarrassed. I couldn't believe that this "drug-dealing, car-racing, long-haired, big city born and raised, much older (4 years makes a big difference when you're 15) guy was hitting on me.

The room was lit by black light (it was the 70s afterall) and I was wearing white socks and a white shirt (and yes, I did have jeans on too but they didn't glow) so I kind of stood out in the dark basement apartment. I have no idea what we talked about but I do remember him laughing about watching my white socks bop around as my feet moved to the music. As the night went on he moved closer and closer to me and put his hand on my leg or put his arm around the back of my chair. He told me I was hypnotizing him and stayed by my side the entire night and when it was time for me and my friend to start walking back to her house he said that we could stay a little longer and he'd drive us home.

This was my first ride in the infamous Duster. I suddenly felt so grown up, or so I thought. He dropped us off a little way up the road so that my friend's parents wouldn't see us getting out of his car because, by this time, the Duster had a reputation for trouble. Just before I got out of the car he leaned over, put his arm around me, cradled the side of my face in his hand and kissed me. It was a very nice kiss but I was still a little unsure about how to react and I was pretty nervous because I was staying at my friend's house and she was a little bit drunk and I still had to get her past her very strict parents and upstairs to bed. I don't know if I even slept that night. I just kept reliving that kiss over and over and thinking about Dusterboy being interested in me. My tonsilless (okay, so I made up that word) friend was not going to be happy. And somehow, that pleased the evil side of me. For once, I was going to get the guy.

I don't really remember exactly what the circumstances were the next time we met. He didn't call but we would see each other at the party place and we ended up spending more and more time together. There was no way I could bring him home as my parents would have locked me up and thrown away the key if they knew I was seeing him. They cursed him and his fast car all the time because he often raced with other guys on the quarter mile stretch in front of our house and I think they even called the cops on them once. I'd go to town on my own, meet up with him and then he'd drop me off down the road from my house so my parents wouldn't hear his car dropping me off.

Eventually I broke the news to my Mom that I was seeing him. She was not happy and tried to discourage our relationship as much as she could. Of course, I didn't understand it then but in hind sight, I can certainly understand it. If I had a daughter and she brought home someone with Dusterboy's reputation I would have felt the same way. He was my diamond in the rough. I could see past the grease and the rough exterior and see the kind, gentle, good person inside.

Eventually I met his family. Wow. They were as different as humanly possible from my family. They cursed and smoked (his Mom even smoked a little pot on occasion) and they were very open about sex. The first time he introduced me to his parents he was really drunk. They had met my friend's aunt and knew her name so when he said, "Mom, Dad, this is Cathy" I wasn't the only one that did a double-take. They called me Cathy Linda after that. His parents and 3 brothers lived in a 2 bedroom trailer, the four brothers sharing one tiny bedroom. We'd disappear into the bedroom, listen to music and make out a bit, but were alway interupted. Soon after we started dating his family moved into a big house but they still owned the trailer until it sold. Dave (who, by now you've guessed, is Dusterboy) lived in the trailer alone. There was a kitchen table and chairs, a bed, a fridge and stove and his stereo. What more did we need. He would pick me up and we'd go straight to the trailer and end up in bed. We'd listen to music, talk and fool around but technically I was still a virgin. I was terrified of getting pregnant and couldn't talk to my Mom about birth control. By this point I was blowing the hell out of my curfew and coming home in the wee hours of the morning.

I'm a little fuzzy on when we finally did the deed but I think it was that winter in his grandparents bed. Bet you weren't expecting that one huh? By this time the trailer was sold and his grandparents were in Florida for the winter so one night we broke in and made ourselves at home. *grin* I don't really remember enjoying the actual act all that much. I was much more into the foreplay.

My parents were still very unhappy about our relationship and my Mom even sent me off to Toronto for a week to stay with my cousins hoping that if I spent some time away from him I would realize that he was wrong for me. I spent the majority of that week hanging out with his friends that still lived there. Needless to say, Mom's plan failed miserably.

By now I was 16 and that summer I worked for the rec association in town. My family went away for a few weeks on a camping trip and left me home alone. As soon as they left, Dave moved in and we spent the whole time together. It was during this time that my friend and her boyfriend had the pizza box incident. *giggle* We never really fought. I'd get mad at him because he'd forget to call or come and pick me up all the time. One time he showed up 3 days late with his friend Teresa. I was pissed. I wasn't worried about him fooling around on me, I was just pissed that he'd left me sitting at home waiting.

Dave still wasn't a welcome person in our house. At best, my parents tolerated him. He lost his licence for impaired and that meant that I had to drive which also meant that the Duster now resided in our driveway. One morning I was sleeping in the tent trailer in the yard and woke up to the sound of a crash. My Dad had jumped in his truck and thrown it in reverse without looking and backed into the Duster. It smashed his tail light but only cracked the bondo on the Duster. My Dad cursed more that morning than I've ever heard him curse. He was so mad at me and I was extremely upset. Dave wasn't upset about his car but he was upset that my Dad had blamed me for parking that piece of shit in the wrong place. In truth, there would have been no right place for me to park it.

Okay, that's enough for now. You all probably need a pee break if you made it this far. I would have had this posted earlier today but halfway through it my friends showed up with their new snowmachines and wanted to go for a ride so I went with them to show them the trails. It was a fun day but I couldn't wait to get back and write some more.

16 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

Hee hee! Bondo! I remember lots of bondo in my younger days. Now? we have newer cars, LOL!

This is getting so exciting! Big city boy? *snort*

*waits on the edge of her seat*

Sun Jan 08, 06:36:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Oh No!
Your parents don't approve?

I don't think this will work out..

Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.

Sun Jan 08, 07:32:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Zombs said...

From potatoes to pizza and all that is in between!

All of you are sooo bad that you are good!

Sun Jan 08, 07:42:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

We seem to have a theme in a couple of these "how we met stories." Bad bad boys. Oh how we love the bad bad boys.

Sun Jan 08, 07:44:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

LMAO.....too funny that Dave didn't get too upset at your dad for backing into the Duster. And his grandparents bed?!?!?! Eeeeeeew.

Sun Jan 08, 08:11:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

I'm with Momma. The grandparents bed? That is so wrong. You have no idea how much I am judging you right now. *snort*

I have to admit that I had to go back and read part one because I kept thinking that Dave was Dusterboy but I never remembered you telling us that. Heh.

Mon Jan 09, 12:38:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Yes, pretty well every car we owned up until about 1988 was full of bondo. LOL!

No kidding, I'm beginning to wonder if parents ever approve of their daughter's boyfriends.

Me? Bad? Surely you are mistaken. *giggle*

I don't know what it is about them but I can't resist them.

Momma, I was so afraid Dave would be pissed so I was quite relieved when he laughed about it.

*hangs head in shame* Judge me dammit, I deserve it. In my defense I was young, impressionable and horny. I'm sure Gramps and Gram would be rolling in their graves if they knew. *snicker*

Mon Jan 09, 07:56:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Syren said...

*waiting* on edge. More More More.

I am loving these stories.

Mon Jan 09, 09:52:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

Yay! Looking foward to the next part!

Now off to Bob's to see if I'm missing anyone.

Mon Jan 09, 10:11:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger mtw said...

I'm loving your story so far, lightsy! In retrospect, I guess I should have tried being a bad boy. I would have gotten a lot more action - from wide eyed, innocent virginal girls!

Keep it coming! :-)

Mon Jan 09, 03:15:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

I'm loving your stories, Lights!

On a personal note: Jeez. Am I the only bad girl here? (All you nice young ladies & your bad bad boys, lol!)

Mon Jan 09, 04:10:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Monstah said...

Duster? Hold on. Let me get my Tab. You are a total 1970's gal?

Great story!

Mon Jan 09, 05:00:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mtw said...

P.S. - I drove a Duster for w while. It was schoolbus yellow. What a piece of shit!

Mon Jan 09, 06:39:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

I know I definitely didn't qualify for bad boy status as a teen. Now, hmmm..I'll have to ask T.

Tue Jan 10, 08:37:00 a.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Tue Jan 10, 02:25:00 p.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That delete was me. I didn't want to take away from your story. But I have some similar memories, involving a Nova.

Tue Jan 10, 02:27:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home