My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, January 7

Chapter One - Getting to know me

First I want to say how much I've totally enjoyed reading the other stories that have been written. After reading a couple I just knew I'd have to write one too. My biggest concern is how I'll ever manage to keep it short. *snicker* So I hope you all have a comfy chair because this could end up being longer than a Survivor summary.

I led a very sheltered life until the age of 15. It was the summer of 1976 and my family moved from the outskirts of one side of our small town of 1200 to the outskirts of other side. I was heartbroken because I was leaving behind my best friend and her brother, who, incidently, had given me my first kiss. There were four families that lived close together at our old house, two of the families were my cousins and the other family was my friend and her brother. The adults often teased him and I about being boyfriend and girlfriend. Of course we protested but there was a certain chemistry there. Problem was, I was painfully shy and scared. I had no idea how to be a girlfriend. I wasn't an extremely popular kid at school. I had lots of friends but in our little circle at home I was happy and felt very safe. It was a very simple and sheltered life but it was all I knew and I was very unhappy about leaving it behind. I saw him just before Christmas and as he hugged me in front of my Mom and Dad, I wondered if he was thinking about that night many years ago when we stood on a bridge and kissed like I was.

My parents tried everything to bring me out of my funk when we moved across town. They let me paint my bedroom with a huge red, white, blue and black spiral/bullseye on my wall, they invited my friend over for visits and they encouraged me to go make friends with the girl who lived across the road. She was two years younger than me but she was two years older than me socially. She was blonde with big boobs and had Farrah Fawcett hair. I finally broke down and started hanging out with her. I'm sure my parents still regret pushing me into this friendship. *grin*

A whole new world opened up to me. We experimented with so much that summer. I had never even considered drinking or smoking or drugs prior to that summer but by the time September rolled around I'd tried them all. I was waking up sexually too. Until that summer I had only been kissed by my friend's brother and that was a very innocent, quick kiss that we both wanted to repeat but never did, probably because I was so shy.

One night my new friend and I were hanging out with one of the neighbor boys in his basement. His cousins from California were visiting and my friend was busy flirting with them. The neighbor boy and I ended up making out to Frampton Comes Alive and I never really thought about it until this very minute but I think it's kinda funny because it was probably that night that I felt like I came alive, so to speak. I bought that album soon after and listened to it constantly. It's still a favorite, although I now listen to it on CD, and always makes me think of that summer.

The neighbor boy and I somehow ended up in my Dad's hay field and he was the first boy to ever try to get me naked. It was one of those perfect summer nights. Clear and warm and the sky and my eyes were full of stars. I was terrified and elated all at the same time. I didn't want the moment to end but I didn't want to do something I'd regret either. Hell, I didn't even really know what he wanted to do because nobody had ever really discussed sex with me, not even my girlfriends. I was so clueless about the opposite sex. We groped and we kissed and he touched me in places I'd never been touched before. I still remember that night so clearly. I see him occaisionally now. He's a friend of my brother's and he always flirts with me when I see him but we've never mentioned that night again.

My friend was a bit of a slut. There, I said it. *giggle* She was the leader, I was the follower. She made out with so many boys while I sat and talked to the boy's friends. My Mom was a teacher in our small town and had taught all the boys in town so I don't know if they just weren't attracted to me or if they were afraid of the wrath of my Mom if she ever found out. My friend had an aunt who was a few years older than me and we hung out with her sometimes. She was able to buy alcohol and she was kinda dating this new guy in town that was rumored to be a drug dealer. He drove a white 1970 Duster and he was often racing his car along the road in front of my house late at night. My friend and I progressed from sneaking smokes from her Dad and beer from my Dad to our decision to try smoking pot. This is where the aunt comes in. Her friend with the white car could get us some so one weekend when my family was away my friend and I bought some from him. I didn't actually meet him, he just drove in my driveway and the aunt brought it to us.

During the school year my friend and I started spending more time in town on evenings and weekends. I had pretty strict curfews and I managed to meet them most of the time. We rode our bikes to town and one night we were riding by a friend's house and stopped to talk for a bit. While we were standing there, still straddling out bikes, Dusterboy pulled in the driveway. This was the first time I'd ever actually seen him up close. He had long hair, glasses, and he was the polar opposite of what we now call a metrosexual but he had a nice smile and he couldn't take his eyes off me. He walked up behind me and smacked me on the ass and said that he couldn't help himself, it was a nice ass. Sadly, it was time for me to head home so that was the end of that.

One of the guys we hung out with had his own apartment and it was the party place for our friends. One night I took the late bus home from school and had some time to kill before I got a ride home with my Dad so I went over to the apartment by myself to see if anyone was around. Dusterboy was there with him and they were celebrating his 19th birthday. They were "cooking" canned potatoes, canned veggies and pork chops. They were totally lost and I volunteered to cook for them. After they finished eating Dusterboy told me I'd make someone a good wife some day.

That's all for now. As much as I'd like to keep going, I don't think I should do this all in one chapter. *grin*

10 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

Wow, is this story available on Amazon.com? I'll buy a copy! *eagerly waiting for the next installment*

Sat Jan 07, 01:32:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Syren said...

*waiting* Who wants popcorn?

Sat Jan 07, 01:39:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Hee! Dusterboy!

I have part one ready to go too! Just give me a moment to proofread.

*runs off to post it*

Sat Jan 07, 01:44:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

Two more comments:
1. I, also, have fond memories of "Frampton Comes Alive." Have you seen what Peter Frampton looks like lately?
2. You have your "date" numbers on your blog backwards, sort of "Canadian" style, eh?

Sat Jan 07, 03:23:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Ooooh, waits for the rest of Lightsy's story.

Sat Jan 07, 06:32:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

Can't wait for the next one!


You know, my dad drove a Duster. It was green, though.

Sat Jan 07, 06:45:00 p.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smacks Lightsy on her nice ass and slides in a plate for some potatoes*

Who is her husband -- Dusterboy or Firstkissboy? Staying tuned to find out.

Sun Jan 08, 03:15:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Glad you're enjoying it. I'm enjoying the trip down memory lane writing it. It's good to remember those days to fully appreciate the long road we've travelled together.

Is the popcorn buttered?

Yes, I've seen Peter Frampton recently but I prefer to remember him as he was in '76. *grin*

I never noticed the date thingy. I'll have to change it because it's gonna bug me now.

Was it a family Duster or a fast one. This one was a 340 with standard transmission and it could haul ass!

Sadly Boo, the ass isn't as nice as it once was. Probably too many potatoes. *giggle*

Chapter Two has the answer.

Sun Jan 08, 05:36:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

hehe...see I waited to read part one so I didn't have to wait for part two...I'm old enough that dusters were still considered cool when I was in junior high too.

My how times have changed.

Tue Jan 10, 05:53:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

He slapped your ass? *SNORT* Smooth buddy ... real smoooth.

Thu Jan 12, 11:14:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home