My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, December 24

Merry Christmas!!!

I had great intentions of getting around to everyone's blogs yesterday and wishing you all Season's Greetings, but work was crazy and then we ended up with company last night. I was feeling so tired when we got home from work but when I opened the mailbox and found a card from Miss Nookie I perked right up. Today I've got a ton of stuff to make and wrap and pack before we head to my parent's house later today.

It's kind of doubtful that I'll be back online before Monday night but I might be able to sneak a few minutes online from Mom's computer.

We made this snowman last night and had a big snowball fight. And yes Carey, I was a little drunk at the time. He does have arms, you just can't see them in this picture. I think we need to find him a hat and a scarf before we leave though. It was a perfect night for snowmen and snowballs and we had a blast. It was mild and the snow was coming down in big fluffly, sticky flakes. We're definitely going to have a white Christmas.

I didn't get a chance to tell you all that on Thursday the boss brought me a little present from him and Mean Jean. If she keeps this up I'm going to be forced to drop the Mean part of her name. It was a bottle of her homemade wine and a box of chocolates. Yesterday the boss told me that I could work from home on Thursday and Friday next week if they make it back from Ottawa. He will call and leave a message for me if he won't be able to get back. I was pretty happy about that. I'll be able to sleep in for 11 days in a row! Woohoo! I'm more excited about that than Christmas.

Last night, after playing in the snow, we came inside and had a drink by the fire with Kade and Sophie. I pulled out a box of toys for her kids and they were having fun on the other side of the rec room. A while later Holly comes over and jumps up on the couch with her new froggie (that was wrapped and under the tree) in her mouth. Sure enough, she had found one of her presents and had unwrapped it while we weren't paying attention. Holly loves Christmas and knows which presents are hers. I think I'll try to get it away from her today and re-wrap it. If she ever lets it go. She's walking around with it in her mouth at the moment and she slept with it under her paw last night.

Okay, I've gotta get my act together. I hope you all have a safe, happy and healthy holdiay and that Santa brings you exactly what you want. See you all in a couple days!

13 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

I LOVE the snowman! Haven't made one in years. How fun! And what did you use for the red buttons? Cute!

Have a safe and happy holiday, Lights!

*smooches*

P.S. LOL @ Holly!

Sat Dec 24, 02:27:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Holly is cleeevah! Sounds like you are having a great Christmas weekend! Hope the fun continues!

Sat Dec 24, 03:53:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

Yes, that is one smart puppy. The snowman is great. We should have taken advantage of all our nice packing snow, but alas, we did not and now we're getting warm temperatures and rain. Meh. All the fun's inside anyway.

*all excited about the kids seeing their presents*

Merry Christmas, Lights and Mr. Lights!

Sun Dec 25, 12:42:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

Merry Christmas Lightsy!!! Hope you had a wonderful white Christmas. I'm a bit jealous. It was 67 today. Definitely not Christmasy type weather.

Sun Dec 25, 07:50:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

*pout* All our snow melted. DH is very unhappy, he has the week off and there's no snow.

*smooch* Merry Christmas.

Mon Dec 26, 01:33:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Nice snowman!

Hope to see you back soon! I have to say thank you for the card, too. I showed it to the cats and they sniffed it for dog smell. :D

Mon Dec 26, 10:13:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

That is an awesome drunk snowman. Way better than anything I could make out here in California. *smooch*
*giggle*

Tue Dec 27, 12:00:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

Great snowman and smart, smart Holly. Merry Christmas!

Tue Dec 27, 01:36:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Sonya said...

Beautiful snow. Thanks for sharing! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

Tue Dec 27, 09:28:00 a.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too love the snowman! I really hope we get at least one good snow this year so that we can do this with Conner.

Usually, we get a couple of inches, which is gone in hours.

Tue Dec 27, 10:29:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger yvonne said...

Love the snowman! Love that Holly!

Happy Holidays Lightsy!

*smooch*

Wed Dec 28, 07:16:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

What fun! ...such a cute picture.

Wed Dec 28, 07:53:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

*waves to everyone* I'm back and working on a Christmas pic entry but I'm having computer issues today. :(

The red buttons and the black eyes are lids off of spray cans. As we were building the snowman we kept sending Dave back to the garage to find us stuff for the eyes, mouth and buttons. They were his contribution.

Weltek! Good to see you in blogworld! I'll be dropping by your blog very soon.

As we drove to my parent's house on Christmas Eve we hit fog, snow and rain and then snow again and they're only an hour south of us.

I wouldn't mind trying out a Christmas at 67 degrees for one year Momma. It sure would make the travelling a lot easier.

Breezy, tell the gimpazoid that we've got lots of snow up here. And, Dave spent part of yesterday getting a couple of Arctic Scraps running. *grin*

You are most welcome Coco. Are the cats hanging around the card still?

Carey, I was thinking of you while I was helping them with the snowman. I was wishing you could have been here.

Hiya Puffy! Thanks, we think that Holly is too smart sometimes. *grin*

I'd love to share some snow with you Sonya. *wink*

Are you another Californian Boo? For some reason I have no idea where you call home.

*smoooches Augie* Heard any good jokes lately? Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm with you, FTR.

Hey Nutz! Frosty's still standing. I have a feeling he'll be here for a while.

Wed Dec 28, 02:31:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home