My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Sunday, December 11

Wanna hear about the hot date I had?

Dave and I did our once a year movie date and went to see Walk the Line on Friday night. I've been wanting to see it ever since I started hearing about it and I wasn't disappointed. I loved it and was sad when it ended.

We don't normally stick around in town after work because Holly's at home all day and we don't want to leave her alone any longer than we have to. On Friday we brought her to town and let her have a play day with my sister's dog, another Shih Tzu. After work we did a little Christmas shopping and then went to the 6:30 show because I didn't think I'd be able to stay awake for the 9:40 one. Getting old sucks. *snicker*

After the movie we went and picked up Holly and then decided to just grab a couple subs from our favorite sub place and head home. The sub place is located right beside an adults only store and while Dave was getting the subs I noticed a sign on the door saying it was closed for the staff Christmas party. When Dave came back with the subs, I asked him if he wanted to go look around in the store. The look on his face was priceless. Imagine his disappointment when he found out it was closed. He so thought he was getting lucky. *snort*

Yesterday we had our annual Friends Christmas Dinner. Normally I have it at my house because I have the most room and a table that can actually seat all of us but this year one of the other couples hosted it. It was a great time. There were six couples, tons of food, plenty of drinks and so many laughs that my ribs hurt today. We played Mad Gab and Gestures. Got home around 4:30am so I'm doing a whole pile of nothing today.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend. I can't wait to move closer to town so that we can do the movie thing more than once a year. Next time though I'll make sure that Dave doesn't shake Salt and Vinegar seasoning on my bag of buttered popcorn. It wasn't a good combination for me. The bonus was that the mega Diet Coke had enough caffeine in it to keep me awake til about 1am. I'll probably have to have one for breakfast tomorrow after the Survivor finale.

8 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

*snort* You're almost as mean as me! Poor hubby! I would have said something really sexy and acted all excited before he knew it was closed.

Glad you enjoyed your weekend. I also did a whole pile of nothing today, but I'm having my big girl week so I have convinced DH to feel sorry for me in the process. :D

I doubt anyone would be willing to go see Walk the Line with me, but I'd love to see it.

Sun Dec 11, 07:07:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

I love date nights. We're hoping to have one tuesday night seeing as how it's our anniversary. I doubt we'll do the movie though. Too crowded with teens around here.

For some reason i picture your town being like the one in Norther Exposure. Is that what your town is like?

Sun Dec 11, 08:58:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

I would have tried to pull off the sexy talk but I never would have been able to keep a straight face.

Happy Anniversary Carey & Michelle! I'm sure you'll find some way to celebrate! *grin*

The town in Northern Exposure is a city compared to my little hicktown. This is probably a good idea for a blog entry. What do you think?

Mon Dec 12, 09:54:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

LOL @ the adult store!

Hmmm... Are there moose who walk down Main Street? Is that the proper plural for moose? Would it be mooses, meeses, or meese?

You should make that a blog entry! ...but you must also post photos of the town.

Mon Dec 12, 12:33:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

One moose, two moose.

And what's a date?

Tue Dec 13, 08:48:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger BlindSlim~CSTL said...

What's an Adult Store? Does that mean I'll have to show my ID to buy spoons there *grin*

*cstl*

Wed Dec 14, 10:54:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

What's a date? What's an adult store? Sheesh people. Do I have to explain everything? *snicker*

Wed Dec 14, 12:01:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mtw said...

Poor Dave. I can just imagine his disappointment. I wish my DW would play that joke on me, though!

And shame for not mentioning your *flash* clue on your own blog!

Wed Dec 14, 04:20:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home