My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, November 29

Back from Hormone Hell

After yesterday's near meltdown, I'm feeling better than ever today. Should I be worried? Hormones really are powerful things. I appreciate all of you making me laugh yesterday. It was probably what made the difference.

We stopped at the dry cleaners on the way home to pick up Dave's suit and my long black dress. Guess it's been a while since I required drycleaning services so I was a little bit surprised when the bill came to $35. Worst part is that my sister told me that the long dress was probably too fancy for the company party (she used to work there and this is Dave's first year there) so now I'm hoping that the short dress in my closet doesn't need drycleaning too.

Next stop was at home where I tricked Holly into coming for a car ride and then dropped her off at Idele's Doggie Day Spa. That's not the real name but her sign's in french and I have no idea what the hell it translates to. Holly hates the spa (aka the groomer). As much as I try to tell her how pretty she is when she comes home and how good she's going to feel after a nice bath and haircut, she's not buying it. Just the mere mention of B A T H turns her into a furry little vibrator. *insert vibrator joke here* As soon as we drive past the corner for her boyfriend Rexie's house (aka Kade's house) she knows that she's in trouble and starts whining (just like her Mom, eh?) and running around trying to hide in the car.

Idele makes me laugh. She's very french but speaks english quite well. Like many people I've met who learned english after speaking french, she uses "fuck" like it was punctuation, fuck. It's hilarious, although I hope like hell that I never meet her while my Mom's with me. I'm pretty sure it's not the swearing that makes Holly shake though. That probably makes her feel right at home. I asked Idele how long it would be and she told me to come back in just over an hour. Holly sat on the grooming table shaking and begging me with her little puppy dog eyes not to leave her. It really was quite pathetic.

I had an hour or so to kill and it was hardly worth driving home (10 minutes each way) and then coming back so I stayed in town and did some errands. I had to go to the Pharmacie to pick up a couple prescriptions. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE this Pharmacie? They keep getting my file mixed up between my married and maiden names because of the whole Quebec/maiden name rule. Then a month ago they told me that I'd have to get a new prescription for my Losec because the prescription was written over a year ago. It didn't matter that there were still 10 repeats on it and that I no longer have a family doctor, apparently it's against the law to give out drugs prescribed over a year ago. Never had this problem in Ontario.

So yesterday (remember my mood yesterday?) I call to have two of my thyroid prescriptions refilled. Every month it's the same thing. "It says here that you still have X number of days left before you're due for a refill." And every month I tell them the same thing. "My dosage fluctuates for my thyroid medication depending on my bloodwork results. My doctor changes my dosage when required so the dosage on the actual prescription isn't always correct." I try to be nice and polite but after that whole Losec deal I'm finding it very difficult to be patient. I mean, come on, they're phucking pharmacists! Shouldn't they understand that thyroid meds fluctuate at times? After I gave my usual reply yesterday the pharmacist asks, "When can we expect a new prescription then?" Somehow I managed to stop my mouth from using the words "hell" and "freezes over" and replied that she could expect one when the last of my three remaining repeats were complete. Well I didn't lie, she can certainly expect one then. Getting one will be a different story.

At this point I still had about 45 minutes to kill so I stopped at the Subway and made supper. Still more time to kill and in a town the size of Temiscaming there are only so many places you can loiter on a Monday night. When I got back to the spa, fuck, Holly was just getting the finishing touches. Her haircut complete, pawdicure done, she was powdered and puffed with pink bows on her ears. She looked like such a girl and you can just tell she hates it. *snicker*

I paid Idele and carried the little princess back out to the car where she finally stopped shaking. I was part way home before I realized that her collar and tags were missing. Turn around and head back up the hill to Idele's and Holly's got this WTF look on her face as if to say, "That's not funny Mommy!" One more stop for gas and smokes and I'm on my way home.

It was going on 7pm when I finally got to eat my Grilled Chicken Sub on an Italian Herb and Cheese bun. Dave went poof out to the garage right after supper so I mixed myself a nice tall drink and curled up in my lazy-boy in front of the fire and read my book with my little foo-foo dog at my feet. It was a nice ending to an otherwise shitty day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Glad your day turned out alright. I'm sure Holly looks lovely. My foo foo dog always does when he comes back from the spa. Only difference is he gets a bandada instead of a bow.

Tue Nov 29, 02:33:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

Poor little doggie! *giggle* I bet she looks adorable. Hmm. I've never made supper at Subway but now that you mention it, I think that's what I'll make tonight, too.

Tue Nov 29, 03:36:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

"Pawdicure"?
Fuck. And yet - funny.

Also? Subway is evil.

Swami <---her hormones are okay, but her sister is driving her nuttier than raging hormones ever did.

Tue Nov 29, 03:45:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

That 'fuck' thing drives me crazy. At least my students are usually sensitive enough to realize that the usage is different in English and French. My husband is a different story.

Sounds like you had a wild night in Temiscamingue. Is your cottage four seasons?

*smooches lights*

Wed Nov 30, 09:01:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

I knew you'd know what I was talking about Coco. We used to have this young guy that worked here and every single sentence had at least one "fuck" in it. When we finally asked him if he realized that it was a swear word he said that he didn't fucking care what kind of word it was. *snicker* To him it was just another word.

Cottage is all closed up. Water line out and plumbing all full of anti-freeze. We do spend a weekend or two up there during the winter but it's more of a hassle when you have to bring your water and toilet with you.

Swami, Subway may indeed be evil but they are the only fast food place in town. *pout*

Wed Nov 30, 12:12:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

Fuck.



Sorry. I had to.

Wed Nov 30, 11:02:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

*giggle*

Thu Dec 01, 09:58:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home