My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Thursday, November 17

Dammit

My SIL just IMed me. We'd been chatting earlier and she said that she had to go for an ultrasound. Her and my brother recently found out that they were expecting their 3rd child in June. When they found out my brother was overjoyed but my SIL had some reservations due to her age (38) and their sometimes shaky financial situation.

I chatted with her a few times as the days passed and she was starting to get more and more excited about this new baby. Today, during the ultrasound, they couldn't find a heartbeat.

It broke my heart.

13 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

I am so sorry. You and your family have my deepest sympathy.

Thu Nov 17, 02:56:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Awwwwww, I'm so sorry, Lightsy. *hugs*

Thu Nov 17, 03:15:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Oh Lights. That's awful. I'm so sorry :( My heart goes out to you guys.

Thu Nov 17, 03:59:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

*big hug* I am so sorry Lightsy.

Thu Nov 17, 04:17:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Omigawd! That's terrible. :(

Big {{{hugs}}} for the whole family.

Thu Nov 17, 06:02:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger arkie said...

I'm so very sorry, Lightsy. {{{hugs}}} to you and your family.

Thu Nov 17, 08:03:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

How awful. I'm so sorry to hear that.

*hugs* to them and you

Fri Nov 18, 12:41:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Thanks everyone. It's so hard to know what to say to them.

I really appreciated the hugs.

Fri Nov 18, 08:41:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Buggy said...

OMG! I'm so sorry.
How horrible for them.

Love and condolences.

So sad.

Fri Nov 18, 08:55:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

How heartbreaking :-(

*HUGS* I'm so sorry Lightsy.

Fri Nov 18, 10:01:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

How sad for you all, Lights. I'm very sorry.

Fri Nov 18, 10:09:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger yvonne said...

I'm so sorry, Lightsy. *hugs*

Fri Nov 18, 03:51:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

That's so awful, Lights.

Condolences to you and your family.

Mon Nov 21, 12:06:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home