My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, November 16

Grumble, grumble, grumble...

My friend Shannon just called. Power is out again at home. She offered to go over and hook up the generator for us. The forecast is calling for 60-100kph winds (100km=60mph) today. The ride into work was a wild one again this morning but not because of snow. This morning it was wind gusts, heavy rain and fog. I had to close my eyes a couple times when the road disappeared. Thankfully I wasn't driving at the time.

The building is making noises from the wind. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for the people in Cozumel during Hurricane Wilma. We went to Cozumel in April this year and the resort we stayed at was heavily damaged during Hurricane Emily and then when they had it 80% repaired along came Wilma. I was reading a message on cozumelmycozumel.com last night about what it was like for this woman named Betsy. She was alone with her dog while Wilma pounded on them for about 60 hours.

I had to edit to remove a link to the story because it made my blog go wonky and I am too anal to have a wonky blog.

6 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Wonky and anal? I'm liking it here more and more. *wink*

Wed Nov 16, 11:02:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

Wow those are powerful winds. Keep safe Lightsy!

Wed Nov 16, 11:42:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

*yawn* Morgan and I didn't get much sleep last night cause of the winds. They've calmed slightly here, but it's still snowing.

Stay safe and warm up there! *hug*

Wed Nov 16, 03:49:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Wonky? Is that the same as squinky? ;-)

Stay warm and safe. I do not ennvy you that hour ride in such weather. One of my paralegals lives an hour and a half from work. On bad days, it takes her three hours to get in/home from work.

One of those storms is sitting right over us as I type this although it's just heavy thunderstorms. Oh and the puppy just loves rain. Not.

Kiss Holly for me!

Wed Nov 16, 04:09:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

The power was on by the time we got home from work. Still windy and the rain was coming down in sideways sheets as we drove down the highway. I felt so bad for the hydro workers that had to be out today fixing the problems.

Wonky and squinky are pretty close to the same thing. *grin*

*lick* That was from Holly. She loves giving kisses.

Wed Nov 16, 06:54:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

*snort*

*winky* wonky!

Wed Nov 16, 08:55:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home