My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, November 15

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

Guess what I woke up to this morning? Dave and I pulled into the parking lot at his job at exactly 7am. I guess we're going to have to leave a little earlier on snow days. It took us almost an hour this morning. It was a very slow ride with lots of snow on the highway (the plows were out but going the opposite direction) and the fact that it was pitch black and the snow was hypnotizing didn't help. This is the first real winter driving day this year and they were talking about accidents already. You can sure tell who has their winter tires on.

All the school buses were cancelled because there's a freezing rain warning for this afternoon. Then tonight we're supposed to get heavy rain. WTF? Do we have to get every kind of bad weather in one day? At least there's no tornado or hurricane warnings. *knocks on wood* Can't wait until we sell our house and move closer to town.

On the radio this morning they were asking people what you'd do if you had $500 to spend any way you wanted. The female morning host said that she'd hire a maid service and that she thought that many women would think getting a maid service was better than sex. Now I'd like to have my house cleaned but I won't go THAT far. I'd likely buy some clothes (work type seeing as I just sent out another resume last night) and new running shoes for Dave and I. Somehow we both need shoes but just haven't had time to stop to get some. Anything left over I'd probably go out for a nice dinner and a movie. I want to go to the new Johnny Cash movie. I think it starts on Friday. So what would you do with $500?

16 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

I would go to a spa, and have as much done as I could. (The sensible thing for me to do would be to apply it to one of my credit card balances.)

Tue Nov 15, 08:57:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

I would buy prime seating theater tickets and maybe a nice a art object.

Tue Nov 15, 09:10:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

I would put it on my credit card to repay what it just cost me to go to Glow's reception. Big grin*
And? I would buy shoes. Lots of shoes. I love shoes.
And? fuck the dirty house, no way would I ever ever ever give up sex for a maid service. pffffft. Never.
There are very few things that would make me give up sex. Maybe new shoes, but they would have to be really nice shoes.

Tue Nov 15, 09:59:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Hiya Lights!

This is so boring but true. I would take the $500 and put it in my IRA. *rolls eyes* I really don't want to have to work (in an office anyway) until retirement and the more money I can sock away, the sooner DH said I can quit. This is why we have no home phone, no cable and no internet access at home. It has saved us roughly $1200 thus far. Boooooring.

Tue Nov 15, 11:11:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I would definitely use it for the spa.

Tue Nov 15, 11:47:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

We don't get snow where I live. Sounds fun.

$500? I would just shop, I guess. Everywhere, for nothing in particular. I would but gifts, too. Love buying gifts!

And don't worry, I didn't have to bump Carey, after all.

Tue Nov 15, 12:43:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

I'd use it for plane tickets to somewhere warm in, like, February when it's really cold outside!

Tue Nov 15, 12:44:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

My favorite WTF winter storm consists of heavy snow, followed by heavy rain with thunder and lightning! Then a deep freeze! All within about 6 hours.

So exciting, and totally screws up traffic. Not to mention the poor suckers who have parked outside and find their car's wheels frozen into several inches of ice.

Maybe I'll use my $500 to go visit Nookie.

Tue Nov 15, 01:16:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Maybe I should have clarified the rules better. There'll be no saving of the $500 or using it to pay off bills. If that was an option I wouldn't be getting new shoes or dinner and a movie. *grin*

LOL @ Carey! I can't imagine ever giving up sex for a pair of shoes no matter how nice. I'm so not a shoe person.

*smoooooches tkitty*

Um, Swami? What's up with saying you're going to use your $500 to visit Nookie? What about me? *pout* If it's just that warm temp thing you could always come visit during the summer. Or did I misunderstand and you said you were going to spend your $500 to "get" some Nookie? *grin*

Tue Nov 15, 02:20:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

OMH Swami how sweet are you? *BIG HUGS* I love you!!!!

Tue Nov 15, 02:59:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Okay so I'm a rule breaker. Sue me.

Um, can I use it towards renovating our back bedroom? No? Too boring? Um, to help pay for going to my friend's wedding in Puerto Rico? Still not frivolous enough? Ummmmmm. Hmmmmm.

Okay then. 2 nights at the really nice hotel where we stayed on our wedding night. It's like a little apartment on the water with a killer hottub and comes with champagne. VCR for our 'assorted' tape viewing pleasure and I would use the rest of the money to order in. *grin*

Good enough?

*SMOOCHES HUGS AND KISSES FOR LIGHTS*

Tue Nov 15, 03:17:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

*sues t-kitten for $500 and wins*

OK, now that I've got $1000 to play with...

Sorry. :-)

With $500, I'd go Christmas shopping. I'd like to get some stuff for the kids, especially clothes.

Strictly for fun, I'd get a digital camera. And go out for dinner, of course.

Tue Nov 15, 03:39:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Yes, it was a temperature thing. I am still waiting for our snow to begin. So far - just rain, but all the weather people are enthusiastically predicting winter storm und drang by morning. They have colored maps with giant animated snowflakes and everything. I always say I love winter, but deep down inside I'm lying.

Besides, I hear Nookie has a nice guest room and you lose power all the time. I love you, but I need power.

Tue Nov 15, 05:08:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Sonya said...

I want to see the new Johnny Cash movie too.

Tue Nov 15, 05:35:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

I would buy plane tickets.

Wed Nov 16, 09:18:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

I would pay some bills to have some extra money for Christmas gifts. I would go whole hog and buy another maternity top, too. I officially have three that fit.

Although after reading, I would maybe go to a spa. Can you say 'pedicure'?

Lights, we had that freezing rain last night. Very slippery.

Wed Nov 16, 09:25:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home