My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, November 23

Don't you hate when that happens?

The Tim Horton's that Dave and I stop at every morning is undergoing renovations so they have one of those temporary stores set up. For the readers from south of the border the temporary stores consist of a transport trailer fitted with a donut shop inside. You'd think with the number of freakin' donut shops in this town there'd be another one we could go to on our way but there isn't. So we're stuck with this one for a while.

This morning Dave parked in a spot that was facing the drivethrough lane so the entire time he was inside I had headlights glaring in my eyes. When he came out with his coffee he told me that they didn't have my usual blueberry muffin because of a power failure so he bought me a donut instead. I thanked him and then we carried on our way.

Now I'm at work and I decide to see what kind of donut he bought me. He knows that the Cherry or Orange Cruellers are my favorite so I've got my tastebuds all ready for some crueller. Open the bag and find a chocolate glazed plain donut. I'm a little let down but at least I have a donut. I can hear my Mother's voice in my head saying, "There are children in Africa who would do cartwheels for a chocolate glazed donut."

I reach into the bag to pull the donut out and it doesn't budge. WTF? The chocolate icing has glued itself to the paper bag. *sigh* I decided that if I ripped the bag open I might be able to peel the chocolate off the bag keeping it on the donut. I'm sitting here at my desk gently peeling back the paper like I'm doing brain surgery but it's a good thing I'm not a surgeon or the patient would have died. Now I have a half bare donut and a ripped paper bag covered in blotches of chocolate.

You can't let good chocolate go to waste even if you're like me and don't particularly like chocolate. Gotta remember those kids in Africa. So here I am, sitting at my desk, hiding behind my monitor sucking the chocolate off a brown paper bag and it hit me. I really must share this.

10 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Now see, I would have been glad that the chocolate didn't adhere to the donut. Chocolate is kinda icky. *icky face*

Wed Nov 23, 10:02:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I was gonna say, "lick the paper" LOL.

So funny Lightsy *grin*

I would have complained about the plain donut. DH knows I don't like plain!

Wed Nov 23, 12:13:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

While I don't think that chocolate is "icky", I really don't get all excited about it and seldom crave it.

Dave, on the other hand, eats a couple double chocolate donuts every morning.

Nookie, Dave seems to have trouble following directions when it comes to fast food stores. Before we got married we went to a concert in Sudbury. As usual I was elected to be the DD and we made a stop at McD's for all the peeps with the munchies before heading home.

I stayed in the car and asked Dave to get me a drink, anything but orange and not a large. Guess what he came back with? You got it...a large orange.

Wed Nov 23, 12:53:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh chocolate Tim's.

slaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer... droooooooooooooooolllll

I blame you for the fact that I will now stop at TH before I go home for lunch.

Your fault. It's your fault.

Wed Nov 23, 12:58:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

*burp* I just had cherry/peach pie.

Wed Nov 23, 02:11:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

LMAO Lightsy! They are in another world I tell ya.

I'm craving a dutchie from Tim Horton's.

Wed Nov 23, 02:54:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

LOL! I've done that before.

Lick your bag with pride.




What?

Wed Nov 23, 03:32:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Oh, I miss Tim Horton's! At this point in time, if I had a chocolate smeared Tim Horton's bag I would probably eat the whole durn bag!

Cherry Cruellers are my favorite too, Lights! Even though they do not contain chocolate, they are a 10 on the sweetness scale! Mmmmmmmmm...

Wed Nov 23, 04:19:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Fuck, Pete is that you?

I just wanted to say that again.

Wed Nov 23, 06:39:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

LOL, lightsy. I can picture the whole thing and I needed the laugh. Thanks for sharing!

*smooches*

Thu Nov 24, 03:01:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home