My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, November 21

Catch up time

1. I spent 4 hours trying to download Glowie's wedding after the fact. My internet at home connects at 21.6 Kbps which aparently is not nearly fast enough to have watched it live. So after 4 hours of downloading I clicked on the play button and it all disappeared. At that point I went to bed and resigned myself to the fact that I'd have to wait until I got to work to see it.

2. Yesterday Dave and I went out for supper with Kade and his new girlfriend. It wasn't nearly as awkward as I thought it might be. We laughed and the conversation flowed quite nicely. I'm keeping my Mom's advice in mind of not getting too attached to her until we find out if she Miss Right or Miss Right Now. We've learned this after getting attached to too many of my son's girlfriends. It's weird, he always seems to end up with a new girl right before Christmas and then we go through the whole "What do I buy her for Christmas" question.

3. This morning I couldn't wait to get to work so that I could watch the much anticipated nuptuals. It was the first thing I did when I got to my desk at 7am. The wedding was beautiful. I chuckled when Glow answered with her new last name because I have and friend named Shawn and guess what his last name is.

4. Shortly after I finished watching the wedding I received an email from Colleen (Kade's ex if you haven't been following along). Kade had warned me that the shit would hit the fan if we went for supper with him and Sophie. Well it happened even quicker than I expected. At 7:37am I got the first email and at 8:00am I got another one from her. I'll spare you all the details but she was bitching about him and asking questions about why I don't call her anymore. She apparently had a busy morning because before I could even reply to the emails Kade called and said that she was banging on his door this morning at 7am screaming and shouting and taunting him to "just hit me". I knew she'd be upset about us going out for dinner with them but I honestly didn't expect all of this. I spent the rest of the day composing two very lengthy replies to her emails explaining how I feel about what has happened between us. Still haven't heard from her. I hope that my effort to explain what she does to push people away weren't in vain but I fear they will be.

5. I was bored on Saturday afternoon. Dave is doing a body job on his truck so he spent the entire day holed up in his garage. I went to town to return the movies I'd rented on Friday night. MCatt, with you in mind I rented Revenge of the Sith. It was a very good movie to sleep to. Sorry, I tried. When I got home my single domestic gene reared it's ugly head and I cooked up a storm. I made three meat pies and a double batch of chili.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Yikes. You've been very busy. Sounds like s Souther Comfort day if you ask me.
Me? I am drinking a bloody mary after dealing with computer issues for the past 5 1/2 hours.

Everything about number 5 made me laugh. *snort* your single domestic gene.

Mon Nov 21, 11:21:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

I craved a Southern and a cigarette all day yesterday. I don't smoke at work and I seldom go out at lunch time so I don't smoke until 3:30 when I'm done work. After the flurry of emails and phone calls I was more than ready for a tall cold drink last night.

Another round of emails today. They're driving me to drink! *snicker* I just couldn't say that with a straight face. Who am I kidding? It's not like I was a tea-tottler before. *grin*

Tue Nov 22, 10:54:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger yvonne said...

I feel your pain, Lightsy. It took me 2 1/2 hours to download Glow's wedding, but it was worth every minute.

Sorry about your son's ex. What a pain.

Tue Nov 22, 06:11:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Psst! Augie, Kade's my friend, not my son. But I can see how that was a little confusing. Kade would certainly get a laugh out of this though. I'm 5 years older than him and he's always bugging me about being an old lady.

Funny thing was that while we were out for dinner with Kade and the new girlfriend the waitress at the table next to us was my son's ex.

Yes, it was would have been worth every minute if it hadn't gone poof as soon as I tried to play it. I decided to wait until I got to work where we have high speed. It was much easier. *grin*

Wed Nov 23, 07:27:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home