My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, December 6

Jackpot!

I just got an email from one of my best friends. Her parents won the lottery! 24 million split between three couples! Woofreakinhoo!!! I'm sooo happy for them! They're really nice people. I've been to their house with Leasa for lunch and other times. So nice to see someone win it that could use it too.

They've been playing the same numbers for 21 years and finally hit. Imagine. They're in their 70s and have about 8 daughters and a pile of grandchildren. It's gonna be a happy Christmas in that family!

So now I think I'm really never going to win the lottery. Last year my first cousin won and now my friend's parents. The odds are against me.

9 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Wow! Imagine what you would do with that money...

I have no idea how the odds work, but I know what you mean. Anytime something bad happens to someone I know I feel the same way, like there isn't as much of a chance we could *both* be in a car accident now. (or something like that)

I'm happy for your friend and her parents.

Tue Dec 06, 01:55:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Maybe odds isn't the correct word for it but yes, that's exactly what I meant. It was like when I found out I had Grave's Disease (thyroid) and I was almost relieved because I thought, "What are the chances of me getting TWO diseases?"

Tue Dec 06, 02:36:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Hey, that's great for them! Sucks for you, but it's great for them.

Tue Dec 06, 03:03:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Congrats to them!!!

What do you think they will buy me with the winnings? *grin*

Tue Dec 06, 04:25:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mtw said...

Oooh, I have some really good "business opportunities" that they'll want to get in on! :-)

Tue Dec 06, 07:56:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Hey! I've been playing the same numbers for almost 20 years. Does this mean I'll be the next winner!?!

I'm happy for your friends but I think they should give a nice share to you. After all, you;re like a daughter to them - right? Heck, for a small share I would be like a daughter to them!

Tue Dec 06, 09:32:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

Dang! Wish I could win the lottery.

Wed Dec 07, 08:30:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

That is so awesome. I like hearing that people that I know or at least have a degree of separation to have won. If it can't be me.

Wed Dec 07, 10:38:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Seana said...

Hooray for them! I like to hear that people won who didn't already win and then blow the whole thing on solid gold houses or something.

Wed Dec 07, 11:32:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home