My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 28

Christmas Pics!

We had a picture perfect Christmas Day. It wasn't cold and we woke up to great big fluffy flakes gently falling. It was so pretty.

Dave and I got to my parent's house on Christmas Eve around 8pm. They had already eaten so we had some leftover meat pie, got settled in, made ourselves a drink and then the card games started. We played hearts and I won with a score of 9. Woohoo! I rock!

While we were playing the topic of movies came up. My Dad has lived in this small town all his life and can be a little narrow-minded at times, but he is getting better about his prejudices after our numerous heated discusions and he's becoming much more tolerant of lifestyles that differ from his. That being said, he started telling my sister and I about this new western that he wants to go see at the theatre. He's going on about how excited he is about it because there just aren't any good westerns anymore. I sat there listening and just knew he was talking about Brokeback Mountain so I asked him what the name of the movie was. Sure enough, he was talking about Brokeback. Being the evil child that I am, I sat and thought about it for a few minutes before I told him that he probably shouldn't go to it. He protested and asked me why he shouldn't go. When I told him it was about gay cowboys my sister sprayed her diet coke out through her nose. My ribs were sore by the time we finally stopped. I can just imagine the look on my Dad's face if he had actually gone to the movie. Dad took it in stride though, even when we continued to tease him throughout the next couple of days.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

*snort* I've been waiting to see if my Dad had figured out what this movie was about too. He can't pass up a good western either. LOL

Wed Dec 28, 07:18:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

It was just so hilarious Carey. I'm still giggling about it. If it hadn't been for the threads about it, I would have been in the dark too. Everyone was asking me how I found out about this I told them the internet. Dad said that he was going to have to start reading the internet more. I hope he never finds my blog. *grin*

Thu Dec 29, 12:33:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home