My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, January 24

Locked in a closet

That's where my nephew Matt thinks he'll be spending a week in March. How did he arrive at such a thought you ask? Sunday night my Mom called and asked me to go online and find some flight prices for my sister and BIL to Florida. When I called to give them to her Matt answered the phone. He said that he'd heard that Dave and I were coming to stay at their house while his parents were in Florida. I said yes, and and that he had better behave himself and get all his homework done quickly for me. He tried to be a tough guy and I told him that I had a little story to tell him.

I told him that when Jamie was little, Dave and I went to Florida and left Jamie with his (Matt's) parents. At some point during the week my BIL locked him in a closet. Jamie still jokes about that story. So I told Matt that paybacks were a bitch and that he'd better be on his best behavior.

So while I'm giving my sister prices Matt comes running upstairs and I can hear him asking his Mom, "Will she really lock me in a closet?" *snicker*

I am pretty sure that I won't be locking anyone in a closet but I will keep that option open strictly for scare tactics. Should be a fun week. Best part? I will be able to sleep in and only a 10 minute ride to work!

24 Comments:

Blogger ~Nutz said...

*giggle*

That's a good auntie! Always, always have a threat to fall back on!

Once, DH locked my nephew in the trunk of our car when he was misbehaving. He was only in there for about a minute and DH stood right there. He made his point!

Tue Jan 24, 09:33:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

LMAO. Now if you tell me that he is 17 I'm gonna pee myself.

Tue Jan 24, 09:43:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

*snort*

Poor kid. How old is he?

Tue Jan 24, 09:44:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Glowie said...

LOL. Yes, it is good to have a useful threat like that.

Tue Jan 24, 09:53:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

He'll be 15 in April, but he's a very young 14. Matt, and his sister Sara, are my favorites. I know I'm not supposed to have favorites but I do.

He calls to chit chat all the time. Sometimes I am busy and have to get off the phone so I say, "I love you Matt." That's a surefire way to get him to hang up. I can almost see him blushing through the phone. *grin*

Tue Jan 24, 10:05:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Sonya said...

That is great! Keep him scared.

Tue Jan 24, 10:25:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

Awwww! He sounds sweet!

Tue Jan 24, 12:03:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Always good to keep those options option!

Tue Jan 24, 12:51:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Umm, you can lock me in a closet with *swoon* Jamie *swoon* anytime.

Really.

Anytime.

Just sayin'.

Tue Jan 24, 02:22:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Personally I think it's better to be out of the closet. *grin*

Tue Jan 24, 03:01:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Let's play 'Two Minutes in the Closet'!

*grabs Carey and pulls her into the closet and smooches her*

SMOOCH!

Tue Jan 24, 03:09:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

We may want to take that one to email. I can do a lot in two minutes. *evil grin*

Tue Jan 24, 03:10:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

I'm pretty sure that, as a Mom, I don't want to know what you're gonna do to my son in a closet for two minutes. *grin*

But what I don't know won't hurt me so have fun. I know he'd be happy and what more can a mom ask for.

*paging MTW to the closet*

Tue Jan 24, 03:24:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Schnookie said...

*break dances in Lightsy's closet*

Tue Jan 24, 04:01:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

*ignores the closet orgy*

Being 10 minutes from work sounds lovely. I hope any hovering ice storms decide to get it on while you are so conveniently close.

Tue Jan 24, 04:22:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

um...

Your closets seems full..

and noisy

Wed Jan 25, 01:24:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Can we come out yet?

Wed Jan 25, 07:35:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Sorry Carey, I thought you were already out of the closet. *wink*

Wed Jan 25, 07:49:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

I was but Tkit dragged me back in there.

Thu Jan 26, 10:10:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

*stumbles out of the closet with mussed hair and covered with hickies*

Now THAT was fun!

Thu Jan 26, 10:25:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

Sorry lights, MTW was in the closet with *me*! ;-)

Thu Jan 26, 01:49:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mtw said...

*stumbles out of closet after MM*
*checks out her ass*
*puts MM back on the To Do list*
*staggers to light's couch*
*takes much needed nap*

Okay, just a few more minutes and I'll be ready for the closet again lights. I love the black light and beads you have in there, BTW.

What's the big swinging chair for? The one suspended from the ceiling???

Thu Jan 26, 04:36:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Damn. I tried to cover Tkit in hickies that wouldn't show. I'll do better when we meet. *grin*

Fri Jan 27, 09:38:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Damn. Someone beat me to the punch.

*glares at Tkit*

I thought I was the only one with an underage boy .. preference.

Sat Jan 28, 07:40:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home