My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Friday, August 24

Best.Donut.Ever!

Today was our summer student's last day so she brought in donuts. I'm not a big donut eater. I can take them or leave them but I was hungry this morning. I chose what I thought was a plain apple fritter and after I picked it up I realized it had some sort of filling inside. All I could think of was please don't let it be maple because I've already touched it so I'd have to eat it.


Imagine my pleasure when I stuck my finger into the filling and discovered that it was caramel! I rushed back to my desk and couldn't stop eating until it was gone. Just as I was savoring the final bite one of my co-workers poked her head into my office and witnessed my almost orgasmic delight. She said I actually moaned and licked the napkin to get the final caramelly goodness. She asked if I wanted to be left alone because it looked like I was having a "moment". I told her it was okay but I did feel like going for a smoke. *grin*


In other news, I bought three pair of shoes after work tonight. Dave had to work late so I waited for him at the mall. I don't often get me time at the mall so I took full advantage of it. One pair of strappy black high heels that I absolutely love. They were regular $39.99 on sale for $14.99 and I got an extra $6 off at the register. Then I picked up a pair of flip flops for $3 and a pair of sandals for $9 at Walmart. I've NEVER bought three pair of shoes in one month let alone one hour!


We have a bat in our fireplace. As I'm typing this, I can hear it squeaking.


Tomorrow we're going to go home for a while and start preparing our walls for drywall and paint. So much work to get done before we move home.
One of Dusterboy's cousins posted this picture of him on Facebook the other night. Isn't he cute?

13 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

Mmmmmm, I love me some donuts. Maple is my very favoritist. *grin*

Sat Aug 25, 10:15:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

Maple is not my favorite. *icky face*

Did you know it's almost September?

Mon Aug 27, 08:59:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Wheeeeeeeeeee. It's almost September. YAY!!!!!!

Tue Aug 28, 11:15:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Schnookie said...

You stuck your finger into the donut? *giggle*

Never had a caramel filled donut. Sounds yummy. I also like maple.

Tue Aug 28, 08:59:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

How convenient you like maple Carey! Seeing as you'll soon be in the land of maple syrup. *giggle*

Yes, Nookie. I did stick my finger in it. And I'd do it again. *snicker* It was sooooooo good!

*gets ready to turn the calander to September* *hops*

I strongly dislike maple but I'm afraid to say that too loud in case they revoke my Canadian citizenship.

Tue Aug 28, 09:17:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

MMM, donuts. Maple has grown on me a lot over the years. I would really enjoy the caramel filled fritter, though, too.

I miss me some lights. Good to see you poking around here.

Wed Aug 29, 05:28:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

Wow, the peeps on facebook are getting younger and younger these days. Isn't there an age limit? :)

I don't like maple, I do like caramel. I love cinnamon and sugar!

Thu Aug 30, 02:04:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

I don't like pure maple syrup. I like that fake shit.
But a pure maple donut with a custard filling? Makes me cream. and makes my mouth water. Now i want a fucking donut. Hrmph.
*grin*

Thu Aug 30, 06:55:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

and since ya'll started it, I get to put my finger in a donut anytime I want. Well, whenever she wants. *evil grin*

Thu Aug 30, 06:56:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

LOL-Chris and I both prefer the fake stuff, too. Our families shake their heads at us.

Fri Aug 31, 03:19:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger MM said...

LMAO @ the orgasmic delight! Wow Lightsie, you should have a donut more often. *giggle*

My dad loves maple bars. They're just ok to me. I do love caramel though. :)

Sat Sep 01, 03:57:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Caramel anything is good.

Fake maple syrup tastes fake-y. Ditto artificially flavored maple frosting.

My favorite donut is a plain, old-fashioned cake donut with nothing on it or in it. Sometimes the classics are best. But I also like apple fritters if they are not too over-glazed. They should also be cinnamony. And not too doughy. With crispy edges.

I like almond-filled croissants too.

Lightsy, I am composing an email to you today. :(

Tue Sep 04, 10:47:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

Somehow I was waiting for that comment from Carey! *snort*

If I do have pancakes, which doesn't happen very often much to Dave's chagrin, I only like Aunt Jamima's light syrup. The real stuff is way to sweet for me. I'm sweet enough already. *grin*

Yes, mm, I do need to have donuts more often. *grin*

Puffy, the picture is a "few" years old. *giggle* About 48 to be exact.

*smoooches Kim*

If I don't open your email, will it make it null and void Swami? *pout*

It's September!!! *hops* The countdown's on!

Tue Sep 04, 06:38:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home