My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, July 25

Cleansing - a companion blog post!

*grin*

While Carey was busy drinking green goop, I drank two cocktails that tasted somewhat like lemon NeoCitran, one at 9am yesterday and the other at 3pm. They did the job...completely! I could barely manage to sit on the deck to suntan. From Monday night until this afternoon I could only drink clear fluids - broth, gingerale, gatorade and water. I must have been hungry this morning because as I watched Holly eating her dogfood my stomach started to growl.

My "cleansing" was for my very first colonoscopy today. Yesterday was the worst part. Today was a breeze. They gave me enough sedatives that I don't even remember the procedure and I was back at the cottage swimming about 4 hours later.

In other news, the replacement laptop is on it's way to me now. I returned the one with Vista and ordered a new one with XP due to the issues between Vista and dial-up. The high-speed access that I'd heard was in the works for my area isn't a for sure thing yet so while I do have the computer here at the cottage it still takes me forfreakingever to surf and post.

It's hot here. You sure can tell that my vacation is over. At least I snuck in a little suntanning yesterday and this afternoon.

9 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww *grin*

I want a laptop.

Thu Jul 26, 10:27:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I hope all is well on the colon front!

I vote you get another week of vacation. Just tell your boss I said it was ok.

Fri Jul 27, 12:01:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

I hope everything came out ok.

*hides Holly's food*

Sat Jul 28, 01:30:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

I do have another week of vacation but it's not until September. If only this weather could last until then.

Yesterday we had a blast on the lake. At the other end of our lake there is a narrow channel where the water/current runs very quickly. We went looking for friends of ours and found them there. They were anchored at the bottom end of the channel fishing on their pontoon boat. We tied up to them and sat and drank and fished and swam for a couple hours.

We were getting ready to go and then decided to do a float down through the fast water. We walked up along the shore to a spot where you can jump into the current. As soon as you hit the water you start moving. There's a submerged rock that, if you hit it just right, you can plant your feet on it and try to stand against the current. I almost had it but the current won.

Around 7pm we headed back to our cottage for a bbq and a couple games of Texas Hold'em. What a fun day it was!

I picked up the replacement laptop yesterday and finally opened the box this morning. This one is working soooooo much better! I'm a happy girl today! Hope you all are having a good weekend too!

Now I've got to add all my favorites onto the laptop. Fun, fun, fun! *grin*

Sun Jul 29, 12:00:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

*happy sigh* I love to hear a successful poop story. :)

Sun Jul 29, 12:45:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

*hopes I was added to laptop*

Mon Jul 30, 09:44:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

I've never had one of those colonoscopies. I should have - but I haven't.

The rock you canplant your feet on sounds very fun!

Wed Aug 01, 09:12:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Asrai said...

Yay, Lightsy is back! I'm glad your cleansing and colonoscopy went ok. I'm also glad that you got to have drugs! I had one about 4-5 years ago and I went in for a sigmoidoscopy around the Christmas holidays and the doc gave em the full colonoscopy for the sigmoid price, but I was alone and didn't have any drugs! It was awful.

Your vacation sounds awesome...glad you had a great time of!

Sat Aug 11, 01:27:00 a.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*smooch*

It's nice to see you around. You'll have to give Carey all of the poop details when you see her in a few weeks.

Thu Aug 16, 09:12:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home