My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Thursday, March 15

THE SEATBELT LIGHT IS ON!!!!

Gaaawwwd!

That was me today. Day 6 and I've turned into the flight attendant in the quit smoking commercial. *giggle*

Things that made me smile today...

1) Speaking to a supplier in Spartansburg, NC this morning I asked him if he had received the parts we had sent them for repair. He said he did and then added, "I just caught a peek of your box in passing." I managed to remain professional until I ended the call and then I cracked up. I could just picture him sitting at his desk in NC thinking, "Did I just say that?"

2) One of the mechanics left me a voice mail this morning and said, "Good morning sunshine." That's my pet name for people but it was the first time anyone had used it on me.

3) When we got home I was standing at the kitchen counter opening mail when I heard the unmistakable sound of Southern Comfort being poured into a tall glass. Mr lights is THE MAN! I didn't even have to ask, he just knew it was a good idea.

4) Reading my bloggy friends and their threadjacking ways on OT with said drink. I do miss being able to take part in it though. By the time I get online, playtime is over.

Typing "cracked" up in #1 reminded me about something that happened at the curling bonspeil a while back. There were six couples sitting around the table after dinner. We had two round tables pulled together and one of the husbands was sitting in the "crack". He made some long forgotten comment about what it was like to eat at the crack. My coworker, his wife, turned to him and said, "You should be used to that." She said it as if it was meant for JUST him to hear but it was definately her outloud voice. She blames the beverages. EVERYONE around the table heard her. We all hesitated a moment while we processed what she had said and then everyone "cracked" up. For almost two weeks now the "crack" comments have been flying. Better her than me. *grin*

8 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

*cracks up at sunshine*

Thu Mar 15, 08:11:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yay for a great day. I'm sorry that you missed out on OT today. It had such an old school feel to it. It's Monsty's fault. I do miss certain people not posting over there anymore and adding to the fun.
LOL at the crack story.

Fri Mar 16, 12:43:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

LMAO at the crack story. *snort*

Fri Mar 16, 08:49:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

I am not familiar with the sound of Southern Comfort being poured.

Box guy probably says that line all the time. I think the proper response is something about how you'll be expecting his package to come quickly. He'll be sending the repaired item back, no?

*pouts because you've never called me 'sunshine'*
*cracks up at crack joke*

Fri Mar 16, 10:24:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger momma said...

Yay for a smiley day! Hope today is a smiley one too :)

Sunshine...that's what my boss says every morning when he says good morning.

Fri Mar 16, 11:36:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

LOL at Swami's "proper response."

Fri Mar 16, 12:08:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Quit showing off your box.

Yay for Mr. Lights! Husband bartenders are great.

Mon Mar 19, 12:19:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Schnookie said...

LOL. I was at Home Depot a few weeks ago looking for large rocks to help with an erosion problem we are having at home. I looked at the Home Depot guy in the landscaping dept and with a straight face asked him, "Do you have large stones"? He just looked at me and didn't say a word. I then said "Rocks. Large rocks". No they didn't have any. DH & I kept a straight face until we turned the corner, then we both burst out in laughter. My only consolation is that he probably isn't familiar with what stones could mean :-)

My boss calls me sunshine and it drives me nuts. Why? Because I've heard him call his wife sunshine. If I knew my DH was calling peeps at work the same pet name for me, I'd break his leg.

Yay for after work drinks.

I miss playing on OT also *pout*

*SNORT* at your crack story.

Mon Mar 19, 07:13:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home