My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Thursday, January 18

What's new you ask?

1. Winter has arrived. It was -35C yesterday morning. Today? -4C and snow.

2. I broke a tooth this morning eating cereal. I thought cereal was supposed to be good for you. Now I'm looking at a root canal and a crown. $$$$$$$$!!!!

3. I spent last weekend with my girlfriends. It was sooooo good to spend time with them. We watched one of the daughters play volleyball on Saturday then went out for supper together. Sunday we shopped. I splurged and bought myself a bunch of new clothes.

4. I've become one of the people I used to mock. I now have three pairs of shoes beside my desk at work. I remember dubbing a former co-worker "Imelda" for having that many pairs of shoes beneath her desk.

5. We're renovating our house. Now that we've decided to stay here it's time for an overhaul. The bathroom has been painted. Next up is Dave's room. Then laminate flooring in the kitchen and dining room. $$$$$$$$$$$$!!!!

6. My son made it home from Cozumel safe and sound. I'm so grateful. They had a blast! He said the funniest moment came when his girlfriend's brother joined them on a horseback ride the day after being hit with Montezuma's revenge. They began to gallop and the brother yelled out, "Slow the fuck down or I'll shit my pants!"

7. Two of my friends have told me things this week and asked me not to tell anyone. I've gone an entire week without spilling to Dave. Tomorrow is the big day for both of the secrets. I can't wait to hear everyone's reactions to their secrets.

8. The honeymoon may be over at work. My boss is pissing me off a little bit. She's taking all the glamorous jobs and giving me all the shit ones. It's still better than dealing with Mean Jean though.

9. I'm thinking about having another drink. Should I?

10. Forgive me, but I LMAO at American Idol last night. The chick that brought her Mom in for the audition almost made me pee my pants. I've been mocking her ever since. Bad, bad lights.

Woohoo! Another 10 in the bag!

13 Comments:

Blogger Bravie said...

*whack* For making fun of the poor peeps on AI. *glare*

LMAO of friend almost shitting his pants. I'm sorry, but it is funny when people shit themselves. It just is. I have before and it was damn funny. I think i even told Breezy about it in front of my Mother. *snort*

Yes, have another drink.
*smooch*

Thu Jan 18, 08:38:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

9) Yes

Nice to hear from you!

Fri Jan 19, 09:15:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Dear Imelda,

-35 is pretty cold, even in Celsius.

Other people shitting themselves is funny. Shitting your own shelf is a tragedy.

I'm impressed you didn't tell Dave for a week. That's hard to do.

Most bosses do that a lot.

What did you drink?

Fri Jan 19, 09:37:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Jen said...

Psst! Carey almost shit her pants this morning. She told me so.
*gigglesnort*

*waves to Lights*

Fri Jan 19, 05:06:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Yes I did. *snort* I almost didn't get to the bathroom ontime. *giggle*
I forgot that I told you that Jen. LMAO

Fri Jan 19, 06:45:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

LMAO @ Carey and Jen! One of my co-workers beat me to the ladies room this morning and it made for a few anxious moments for me too. She didn't even take her coat off before heading to the bathroom so she must have been in more need than I.

For those who were wondering, I did have a second Southern Comfort last night. It was a loooong week.

Tonight I'm doing as little as possible. Hopefully this laziness will spill into the rest of the weekend. Have I mentioned it was a loooong week?

I spent most of Monday night filling out passport forms. You know, just in case I want to make a run for the border this summer. *grin*

Fri Jan 19, 07:09:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Wheeeeee. I am going next week to get my passport. I need it for Mexico in April but I just may need it for a trip to Canada too. *grin*

Fri Jan 19, 07:25:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger mm said...

Don't worry Lights, I was laughing with you. *sheepish grin*
Great minds...;-)

Sorry about the honeymoon being over. :(

Fri Jan 19, 10:42:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

I want to know what the secrets are.

Sat Jan 20, 02:26:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Someone is pregnant and someone is getting divorced? Tell me! :-)

I need to send in our passport forms. I was waiting til I felt rich. *still waiting*

I'm excited about your remodel!!! We can't wait for pics!

Mon Jan 22, 11:35:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

LOL @ Kim! No pregnancies or divorces at the moment.

Secret #1 - One of my best girlfriends is quitting her minimum wage job and going back to school to become a Personal Support Worker. She didn't want to tell anyone until it was finalized but she had to share her excitement about it with me. I'm so happy for her. She's the one with the sister on dialysis and wants to do something to help people and make her feel like she's doing something worthwhile. I'm so proud of her for taking this step.

Secret #2 - Male friend who left his wife in 2005 and has dated two "party" girls since then has decided he wants to be more settled. He had a hot date on Friday night with a really nice girl. He didn't want to tell too many people but wanted my advice. I told him to take it slow this time. He must have listened to me because he said that they spoke on the phone for hours last week and then went out Friday and Saturday night without doing the deed. I'm kinda proud of him too in a strange sorta way. *grin* The new girl is a physiotherapist who has treated Dave before and Dave says she really is a nice person. I hope things work out for him

It's making me happy to see my friends happy.

The painting is going well. The first primer coat is done on the bedroom and another one will be done tonight.

In other news, I'm going to start playing volleyball on Tuesday nights. I'm pretty excited about it. I quit playing v-ball about 7 years ago (was playing in a competitive league) and this is just a fun thing once a week. Should be fun! *looks for knee pads*

Mon Jan 22, 04:56:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Unknown said...

wow
you broke a tooth eating cereal?

Mon Jan 22, 10:15:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

I love volleyball! It's the one sport I played in HS. I also used to play in a mixed league when I worked at the U. Half the people at our games were just having fun & getting exercise and the other half were hopeless Type A's who went full-out every time. (It was supposed to be non-competitive but when you keep score that falls by the wayside pretty quickly!)

Tue Jan 23, 09:27:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home