My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Thursday, November 23

Things I DIDN'T say today

Scene 1: On the phone with a supplier. Every time I call this company I get a big-assed helping of stupid. I didn't say, "Can I stop you for a minute because I'd really like to speak to someone even stupider than you this time."

Scene 2: Reading an email from a director at our company. She was replying to my simple request that she fill out a requisition to return a card file she bought in March but had neglected to mention that it didn't suit her needs until November. Her one word reply was...Amazing. I didn't say, "Why yes, yes I am. Thank you for noticing."

Scene 3: Sitting at my desk listening to bubblehead blond (or is it blonde) as she walks by my boss's office. Bubblehead exclaims, "You're eating an apple!" to my boss. I didn't say, "That's pretty observant for someone who's IQ is likely less than the apple's."

6 Comments:

Blogger Swami said...

I have always known you are Amazing, Lights. Purely amazing!

Fri Nov 24, 11:32:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

How did you know I was eating an apple?

Fri Nov 24, 02:18:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

*snort*
From a distance, an apple can look like a pear to a blond. Just so you know.
And? sometimes to a drunk in the middle of the night, an onion can be mistaken for an apple. *makes face*

Sat Nov 25, 09:54:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Don't mind me- I'm just here to drop off these walleye.

Sat Nov 25, 07:50:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

Oh, and this leech.

Sat Nov 25, 07:51:00 p.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you, Lightsy.

There are lots of things I don't say on a daily basis. But I'm thinking about making a change.

Tue Nov 28, 01:32:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home