My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Sunday, October 29

How I celebrated Carey's 40th Birthday...

I was feeling really bummed out about missing all the fun and festivities this weekend and what better way to cheer yourself up but to go shopping. Look what I bought.

You think I should paint a big #8 on it? *grin*












Side story...Years ago I bought a red Columbia jacket. When my Mom saw it she made an off-hand comment about wanting attention by wearing a bright red jacket. As we were testdriving the car I thought of that comment and wondered out loud to Dave what Mom would think of this choice of car. It's not just red, its "fucking red"! When I called Mom last night to tell her about the car I said we'd bought a 2005 Monte Carlo. The first thing she said was, "And it's bright red too, isn't it." I almost peed my pants laughing. Do I know my Mom or what? I guess that makes it an ultimate DAWmobile!

12 Comments:

Blogger mm said...

Yay Lights! It's bee-yoo-tiful!!

Mon Oct 30, 03:50:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

You extrovert, you!

Very nice ride. But remember - red cars get more speeding tickets than other colors of car!

Mon Oct 30, 09:08:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

And your mom knows you! We bought a new car yesterday, too. I'll see if I can find a picture of it on line (or else take a photo myself and scan it) and give details.

Congratulations! And slow down that speed!

Mon Oct 30, 12:20:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I think you should get new license plates that say "Lightsy." Cars need presents, too.

congrats on the new purchase!

Mon Oct 30, 03:28:00 p.m. EST  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

It is so pretty! I think new cars are the thing for this year.

Tue Oct 31, 09:16:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

You bought me a car for my birthday?!?!?!? Wow, you are a great friend. Are you going to drive it to me too? :)

Tue Oct 31, 07:19:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Coco said...

That is really snazzy!

You will look so cool, driving along the highway to Chicoutimi, wind whipping your hair...

Wed Nov 01, 03:47:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

VERY cool!

Wed Nov 01, 09:23:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Lasann said...

I love Monte's. My red Cavalier convertible is sick in the garage. Red cars may get more speeding tickets but hot chicks in red cars get lots of attention!

Thu Nov 02, 12:43:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Ha! Yes! Definitely paint a big, red #8 on it! :P

Happy driving!

Sat Nov 04, 11:04:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger yvonne said...

New cars rock! Congrats on your spiffy red wheels.

Zoom Zoom!

Thu Nov 09, 08:49:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

Thanks everyone! I've finally stepped away from the car and parked my butt in front of the computer for a bit. No speeding tickets so far. *knocks on wood*

We got the snow tires on it and promptly lost one of the hub caps so we had to go buy new ones. Went to find out how much for a remote starter. $400!! Last time I put one on my car it was only $200 but now that I think about it that was about 10 years ago. That should cover the presents for the new car Kim.

Road trips are definitely in the plans.

Do hot flashes make me a hot chick in a red car?

Zoom Zoom! *snort* Dave didn't think that was funny but I did!

Fri Nov 10, 09:15:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home