My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, August 14

A Mean Jean story for old time's sake

Hey bloggers! Remember me?

For those of you who miss my Mean Jean stories, I called one of my ex-coworkers last week and heard that she's running around telling anyone who'll listen that I cost the company a bunch of money over a Value Added Tax that we had to pay on purchases from South Africa in order to expedite shipment times. She seems to think that I just started paying this tax for no reason and that we didn't have to pay it. Too bad her spineless hubby wouldn't own up to the fact that he was the one that okayed the VAT on those purchases. *rolleyes*

She also told the ex-coworker that she wasn't the only one, lots of people didn't get along with me. He shot right back at her and asked who that would be. She couldn't come up with a single name.

I ran into another guy I worked with at the pharmacy on Friday night. When I saw him he came up and gave me a great big bear hug right in the middle of the store. I wonder why he'd do a thing like that when nobody could get along with me. *giggle* He told me that Mean Jean has reached another low. On Thursday a couple of the guys were outside working and singing away to themselves. They're not allowed to have radios so they sometimes sing while they work. Her window was open and she marched out and told them that they were not to sing anymore because she couldn't concentrate when they were singing. *shakes head* Some things never change.

After hearing this stuff I'm more convinced than ever that I made the right move. Not that I was doubting it or anything but it sure reinforced it. The same bunch that took me out on my last day are talking about getting together soon and going out on a pontoon boat for a few drinks and a good session of Jean bashing. I'm thinking we should invite her along and then use her as the anchor.

In other news, we've been spending lots of time at the cottage. We finally managed to kill the pile of earth we got two years ago to spread out to plant grass. The entire long weekend was spent shovelling and raking. The final little bit was finished on Saturday morning and then we planted the grass seed. Wooofuckinghooooo! I have blisters on my blisters from shovelling. Dave and I sat in our lawnchairs Saturday afternoon and toasted the demise of the sandpile and then toasted again to the beginning of our new lawn. We considered staying there and drinking until the first blade of grass popped up but decided to go to a party Saturday night instead.

Yesterday we went out on the boat with some friends. We took a couple drinks and some subs for lunch and just cruised the lake (not our lake, another one nearby). It was a beautiful day but it got a little choppy on the way back and I was wishing I had a sports bra, actually scratch that, smaller boobs as we crossed the open part of the lake. I got a quite a bit of sun on my shoulders but nothing too serious. The only bad part of the day was that we took three Shih Tzus with us. Next time the dogs stay home. My legs are scratched from them trying to dig in to stay on my lap while bouncing across the lake.

A couple weekends ago we went to Mattawa Voyageur Days. Dr. Hook was playing (amongst others). We ended up right in the front row by the time Dr. Hook came on. It took some work and we were hanging with the twenty-somethings, but it was a blast. I even got to shake Dr. Hook's hand after the show, twice.

15 Comments:

Blogger arkie said...

*looks at Lights* Do I know you? You seem familiar. *grin* Glad you had time to post something. Mean Jean is such a nutjob. You are definitely better off for being away from her.

Dr. Hook? Color me jealous.

Mon Aug 14, 10:05:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Yeah. Do I know you?

Some things will never change! *rolls eyes* @ Mean Jean.

Tue Aug 15, 08:44:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

You're lookin good, Lightsie - sunburned and dog-scratched, but still the life of the party!

Shovelling dirt has to suck. I'll rake it (under protest) but no shovelling for me. I am far too delicate and might get the Vapors or something.

Tue Aug 15, 10:11:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

Lightsy!!!!

Who's Dr Hook?

Tue Aug 15, 01:32:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger mm said...

Yay! An update! The cottage looks great. Sorry about the dog scratches. *smooches Lightsie's legs*
*giggle*

Oh yeah, who's Dr. Hook?

Tue Aug 15, 01:55:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Dr. Hook is still alive? Lights is still alive? *shock!*

I love your Mean Jean update. I still can't believe there is anyone in this world that wouldn't love you to pieces. I don't think Mean Jean is human.

Those cottage pictures look gorgeous, Lights! I can see the lake peeking through the trees!

Tue Aug 15, 01:59:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

I miss Mean Jean. So happy to have a mean jean update.
It sounds like things are going great for you right now. *smooch*
I miss you super muchly duper.

Wed Aug 16, 01:17:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

I think that Bob's former minion should go to work for Mean Jean.

Wed Aug 16, 09:32:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Damn, that Mean Jean is nothing but an effing c word. I hate that she's running around saying mean things about you. I give that a big fat thumbs down. I am sure TEE will be doing the same thing after I leave.

The cottage looks GREAT!

Wed Aug 16, 04:06:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

*smooches arkie for knowing who Dr. Hook is* I was freakin' at the freakers ball when I caught a whiff of some turtle food and turned around to find that Dusterboy was responsible for it. *snicker*

Hi nutz. I'm lights. Nice to meet you. *grin*

Funny Swami, but I'd rather shovel than rake any day. Dave was uber picky about getting it totally smooth so I decided that he could do it. He's a bit of a perfectionist. *rolls eyes*

*whacks Breezy* You mean you never saw Dr. Hook on the cover of the Rolling Stone? *wink*

Yes, he is still alive and I am too. We joked about how he didn't require any artificial smoke machines because he chain smoked through the whole show. When he jumped down off the stage at the end of the show we were afraid he'd break a hip! There was an ambulance picking up someone after the show and I asked the cop if it was Dr. Hook. He laughed and said it could very well have been him after that jump off the stage!

I just knew you'd like the Mean Jean update Carey. Talked to the gang tonight and the pontoon boat ride is a go for Friday night so I may have more next week. I miss you muchly too sweetness!

Excellent idea HD! She deserves the minion. Just remind him not to sing. I'm very jealous of your HOT peep meet by the way!

*snort* That's the exact phrase I used to describe Mean Jean when I told Dave about her bad-mouthing me T-Kitty! And I NEVER use the c word outloud but I did that day! I'm just considering the source. Everyone who quits becomes an "instant asshole" so I've been expecting it. Effing c word!

Wed Aug 16, 05:45:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Welcome back stranger.

I think minion and Mean Jean would make a great couple.

Wed Aug 16, 09:19:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Coco said...

*smoochy you*

I miss you, hostie!

Wed Aug 23, 08:11:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Schnookie said...

I bet the men were enjoying the view on the choppy boat LOL.

Wow, you are so much better off being away from Mean Jean. She doesn't allow peeps to sing? For crying out loud. Is she from Pluto? :-)

The cottage looks awesome Lightsy!

Thu Aug 24, 02:40:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Seana said...

Your cottage looks so nice. I like a lot of windows. I assume it faces the lake? Nice.

Pfft to Mean Jean. She's clearly a dimwit if she thinks anyone is going to believe that you are notgetalongwithable. :*

Fri Aug 25, 07:14:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger yvonne said...

Lightsy! *big hug*

Can you come over and do some yardwork here? I need to dig up a few flower beds in order to plant tulips and daffodils. Don't need this done until at least the beginning of October so you have time to recuperate from the blisters. *grin*

*smoooooooooooooooooch*

Sun Aug 27, 08:44:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home