My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, February 3

Brrrrr....

It's cold here. Just thought you'd all be shocked to hear that. *grin* It warmed up on Thursday and Friday but snowed like crazy.

We're on day 97489 of home renovation hell. Okay, I may be stretching it a little but it feels like that.

I called a friend on Thursday to see if him and his wife would like to curl with us at my company's bonspeil next month. We haven't had an opportunity to get together lately and I missed them a lot. When he called back he told me that he'd been having some health issues. His prostate in very enlarged and he's pretty freaked out. He's had two opinions from separate doctors and is very confused. We talked for over an hour about it and then again today. Seems like I picked the exact right time to get in touch with him. I'm really worried about him. They're going to curl with us. He said it's just what he needs right now to give him something to be excited about.

So how exactly does one sign up to drink the cool-aid? I have no idea how to update blogger.

9 Comments:

Blogger Puffy said...

I haven't drunk/drank/drinken the Kool Aid yet, either. *cowers in the corner with Lightsy*

Sun Feb 04, 02:55:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger Kimmah said...

I was bombarded with pleas to make the switch. Being a lemming, I did.

Sun Feb 04, 11:10:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

I was so confused by your post. I thought you wanted them to curl up with you (you know, cuddle) at a cabin or something (I had no idea what a bonspeil or whatever is).

At the end, I finally figured it out. *listens to the ocean in a seashell*

Mon Feb 05, 01:51:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Curling at the bonspeil sound like "hanging at a swinger's club" *grin*

*sends good thoughts for the friend*

I am trying to avoid new Blogger.

Mon Feb 05, 04:59:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Is that 97,489 metric days? Or regular days?

Also, what do you actually say when chatting with a guy about his prostate for an hour? Really - I have no clue.

Mon Feb 05, 05:40:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Is that 97, 489 metric days? Or regular days?

Also, exactly what do you say for a whole hour when chatting with a guy about his prostate?

Swami <-- fairly clueless on the finer points of prostate stuff.

Mon Feb 05, 05:43:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

Ah. My first double post in the New Blogger - and not a trashcan in sight!

Mon Feb 05, 05:44:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger lights said...

*hugs Puffy in the non-Kool Aid corner*

Kimmah, obviously I'm not as cool as you. I haven't had a single invite. *pout* It must be your tiara that caught their eye!

Kim, I don't think cuddling at the cabin would be a good idea at the moment. The enlarged prostate might get in the way. *grin* I thought you'd know all about bonspeils living in the northern state that you do!

*giggles @ Nutzy* You sweep at bonspeils, not swing! Silly girl!

This is Rescue Ray we're talking about Swami. There's always lots to talk about with him. He's keeping a great sense of humor about it all. He told me about how almost every medical professional he saw was a hot female and how he explained that his um, balls, weren't normally that big. He only wished!

I am pretty clueless about it all too but have heard more than I ever wanted to know in the past couple days. I made the mistake of asking how he discovered this problem and was treated to quite a story that I haven't been able to repeat - even to Dave. I figure I'll let Ray tell him the story in his own words. I honestly don't think I could do it justice.

We talked about a lot of things that he wants to do this summer. He wants to spend more time with us. Why does it always take something like this to wake us up and realize what's important in life? Every time we talk on the phone he tells me he loves us before he hangs up. I've never told him out loud until last week. Now, I say it every time we talk.

Tue Feb 06, 05:25:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Lasann said...

Wait a minute, you didn't invite him to cuddle at a cabin? I'm lost!

Sorry about his health issues. I could totally talk to a man about this.

Wed Feb 07, 10:13:00 a.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home