My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, March 12

Still alive...

I think I'm going to make it. The flu is every bit as miserable as I remember it being. It hit me hard on Saturday morning and had me down for the count for two full days. It's been a long while since I've had the flu and I certainly hope it's at least a few more years before I experience it again.

It's Dave's fault. He brought it home last week and as much as I tried to avoid it, it caught me. *pout*

In other news...

1) North Bay made the top five cities for Hockeyville 2007! Woohooo!!! If you have some time, please send a vote or 10 our way. *grin*

http://hockeyville.cbc.ca/Vote.aspx?Language=en-CA&video=1

2) I had to upgrade to the new blogger when I tried to make this post. The hardest part was remembering my sign in name. *rollseyes*

3) Today was my first sick day at my new job. I almost made it a full year without having to take a day off. I just couldn't do it this morning.

4) There have been a bunch of blogs that I really wished I had time to reply to lately but with Dave sick last week and me on the weekend I only had time for a quick peek.

5) I need to do my income tax. *pout* Where's Breezy when you need her?

6) Should I give you all the answers to my friend's test? I did get a chuckle out of many of your answers.

7) I haven't eaten, smoked or had a drink for three days now. Maybe I should get the flu more often.

8) Having not smoked for three days I'm seriously thinking that I should just quit. Problem is, I'm not sure I want to. I do WANT to, but I don't. Only a smoker would likely understand that.

9) Not sure what to make for supper tonight. I've got to eat something but I'm afraid of how my tummy's going to react. What's your post-flu food suggestion?

10) Dave is almost finished the laminate flooring in my ensuite bathroom. It looks so purty!

10 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

Does Dave smoke? I say give it a whirl. You've got nothing to lose and everything to gain. Of course, this said by the one who wants to quit, is trying to quit, and has been stuck in the same only half a pack a day rut for 2 1/2 months now. *sigh* I totally get what you were saying.

Eat chicken noodle soup for dinner. It won't feel quite so blucky if it returns for dessert.

Feel better!!!

Mon Mar 12, 05:12:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

Hehehe..."everything to gain"! That's one of my biggest fears about quitting. I can't afford to gain any weight from quitting.

Yes, Dave smokes. He keeps saying he's going to try quitting again but hasn't so far. If he quit, I'd be done in a heartbeat. It's really hard to quit while he's still puffing away.

I've only been smoking about 3 or 4 a day for the past couple weeks and before that I was only about 8 a day. I've never been a heavy smoker. I really do enjoy those three smokes a day and wish that I could just carry on with them without the health risks.

I knew you'd understand Momma. It's a real bitch, isn't it?

Mon Mar 12, 05:44:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Poooor Lightsy. *smooch*
I know how you feel about quitting smoking. I would like to want to quit but I just don't want to.
Eat the chicken noodle soup with rice. It's good and binding.
Breezy is useless when it comes to taxes. I've been asking her to do mine for four years. Useless I tell ya.

Mon Mar 12, 08:05:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger mm said...

Aww, poor Lightsie! I hope you feel better soon. I had the flu recently and was surprised at how terrible it was. Blech!
I'm still hanging onto old blogger, myself. *proud grin* I need to electively switch over though, so I'm not too pissy about it when it happens.


So, what did you eat for dinner and umm, did you keep it down?

Tue Mar 13, 04:54:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Jen said...

How you feeling today Lightsy? I hope you're doing better.

I understand about the smoking thing, too. I tried twice before it finally stuck. After I would quit I was always asking myself "Why did I even want to quit? I don't think I did." Heh.
It's been 8 months now, and I've had maybe 3 cigarettes in that time. I have one every once in awhile and it just reaffirms to me that I don't want to smoke anymore. Icky. :)

Tue Mar 13, 10:18:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Feel better, Lights! Eat chicken soup with lots of real garlic. Lots & lots of garlic - it really boosts your anti-viral immune system.

I voted for North Bay even though I love Cornwall. Even though evil sister's third husband was from North Bay but she has never married anyone from Cornwall. Yet.

Tue Mar 13, 11:28:00 a.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is an ensuite bathroom? Is that some sort of fancy Candian word for master bath?

I need to have my taxes done as well. Tomorrow I have to go to the County offices to pay our personal property taxes for our vehicles. Don't ask. I'm super pissed that Michael didn't pay them on time. While I'm there, I have to get the receipt for last year's late payment so that I can submit it with our tax package.

Wed Mar 14, 03:50:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

I wrote out a long, detailed reply to you all but blogger ate it. Fuck!!!

Condenced version. I'm feeling much better. Appetite is back along with the five lbs I thought I lost. Still not smoking - day 5 for those keeping score. I'm still not sure this is forever. I may just be like Jen and have one once in a while so I don't have to think that I can NEVER smoke again.

Wed Mar 14, 06:21:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger moon said...

Glad you're feeling better-and woohoo on the no butts about it! You can do it!

Wed Mar 14, 08:17:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Lasann said...

We all want to quit - but we don't want to. It's my whole social life at work. And I have none at home.

Almost a year without a day off - that's some accomplishment. We get so many day and I take so many days!

I've already spent my income tax refund.

I might want an ensuite.

Thu Mar 15, 08:53:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home