My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, June 6

RockStars & Capri Cults




As promised, here are a couple pics from the concert. There would likely be more if it didn't take me 15 minutes per pic to load them. Stooopid dial up!!! One thing I miss about my old job is high speed internet access!

It's been hot and sunny a lot lately and I ended up having to buy MORE clothes because every pair of pants I owned were dark black or blue. I've been watching what the other ladies at work were wearing and every last one of them were sporting capris! I've hated capris ever since they became popular and swore I'd never own a pair. Well, never say never because today I joined the capri cult and wore my first pair to work. On top of the fact that they were capris, they were beige and I haven't worn beige on my bottom half, in like, ever! I topped it off with a chocolate brown sleeveless tank (another color I haven't worn forever) and I have to believe that they've brainwashed me somehow! What's happening to me? *giggle*

We've been busy at the cottage. We're still having water issues. Two weekends ago we spent $260 on a new pump/motor. This weekend it was $240 on a new pressure tank. Still not working right. It's either an air bubble in the water line that's in the lake or the electrical line isn't heavy enough for the load. I'm leaning more towards the bubble. That means we have to go out in the paddle boat and somehow get the bubble out of the pipe. If the lake bottom was sandy it wouldn't be a problem but it's what I loving refer to as loonshit. Even Holly sinks up to her belly when she walks on it and she only weighs 10 lbs. On Sunday we took the day off and went fishing. When we got back to the cottage I cut the grass and wanted a quick shower to get the grass off me. That's when we discovered that the tank hadn't solved the problem. $500 later and still not right. Needless to say, we were not happy campers.


On the bright side, we managed to get the garden planted, even though one of the neighborhood dogs came tearing through it as soon as I was done. I'm thinking I may end up with a row of mixed vegetables. *grin*

I'm so excited about Niagara now. I've been bored to tears lately and I can't wait to get away and see some people. Things are so different this summer without our friends (the ones who split up) on the other side of the lake. It's been pretty quiet at the cottage. Dusterboy doesn't mind. He's a bit of a hermit while I'm more of a social butterfly.

Work is going well. I haven't been terribly busy and it's driving me absolutelyeffingnuts to have high speed internet access at my fingertips and not be able to use it. It's taking every single ounce of willpower I have not to check up on the blogs from work. I've got about 4 1/2 more months of probation before I'll even think about chancing it. *sigh*

As always, miss you all! *smooooooches* Special hugs for my Buggybaby! Love ya Bug! I'm thinking of you!

18 Comments:

Blogger mtw said...

*smooooooches* Lights! And when did you start calling me your BuggyBaby??? Oh well, as long as I know I'm your favorite! *smile*

Tue Jun 06, 07:52:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

*giggle*

*smoooches MTW again*

Tue Jun 06, 08:21:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

Good to see you back. I guess you're working with some fashionable ladies. It's nice to take a chance and buy something different once in a while.

Tue Jun 06, 08:33:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

*hangs head* I joined the capri club with you last week.

I don't like your new job. It keeps you from me. *pout*

Awesome pics up there. *smooch*

I miss you the mostest.

Wed Jun 07, 12:14:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Zombs said...

Hey there stranger!

I don't like to swim in lakes...they scare me. I would much rather swim in the ocean. Less monsters.

Have you ever posted a picture of your cottage? I would love to see it in it's summer glory!

It sounds like the job is going well and for that I am very glad!

Wed Jun 07, 08:52:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Lightsie! Lightsie! Not capris! Nooooooooooo...

Okay. I've adjusted now. *crosses fingers* It's always good to try new things.

And lol on "loonshit." That's a perfect description of several swamp-bottomed lakes I've had the privilege of swimming in.

Wed Jun 07, 09:57:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Jen said...

What you got against capris? I love 'em! And brown is the new black, doncha know. *grin*

Wed Jun 07, 12:35:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

Welcome to the cult! *grin*

I absolutely love capris! I have about ten pairs. They are great because we're not supposed to wear shorts while teaching, but the capris are acceptable.

As to your question in my blog, I'm still up in the air about the peep meet. Money & time are the big issues. *pout*

Thu Jun 08, 09:30:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Lasann said...

Yep, the capris got you. I made sure that the capris I bought were more pedal pusher length (right below the knee). This year I shut my eyes and bought the longer mid calf length. I also bought a couple pairs of shorts that hit right above the knee. Those I love.

And I've been buying some brown also.

Bummer about the cottage problems. But it's nice to have a cottage.

Enjoy Niagara.

Thu Jun 08, 09:41:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Will you wear capri pants in Niagara? *gets excited*

Thanks for sharing the pictures. OMH, they all look exactly as they did a year ago.

Thu Jun 08, 03:35:00 p.m. EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*shoves MTW out of the way*

I love love love capris. Love them. And yesterday, I wore that exact outfit. Chocolate is my "color" for this year.

You be a good girl at work. Even though I have missed you the mostest and you are dying to catch up with me.

Thu Jun 08, 03:43:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger yvonne said...

Welcome to the capri cult!

*does secret capri handshake*

And don't listen to anyone else, *I* missed you the mostest.

Fri Jun 09, 08:30:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Glowie said...

*smooooooch*
Nice pictures! Yay capris! Miss you!

Fri Jun 09, 08:44:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

I was your twin today: chocolate brown lacy top with beige capris. Yikes!

P.S. I wore my new "mules," backless Skechers leather and suede tennis shoes. I get so many compliments on them.

Me? A fashion trendsetter? Double yikes!

Sat Jun 10, 02:34:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger HistoryDetective said...

It's been a while, but I finally made it here to catch up. Have fun in Niagara. I am so disappointed that I cannot make it.

Thu Jun 15, 12:03:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger mm said...

Hiya Lights! Don't listen to anyone else! *I've* missed you the most!!!

*smooches*

Sat Jun 17, 06:11:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Coco said...

What the heck is wrong with loonshit lakes?

Your mixed vegetables crack me up. Because I missed you the most, neighbour.

Mon Jun 19, 10:15:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Kimmah said...

Hi, Lightzy! Nice pics. Capris are fabbo in the summer for those who are more "mature".

email me,mkay?

Tue Jun 20, 03:27:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home