My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Monday, May 29

Ouch!!!!

Quick update.

1. I booked my room for Niagara Falls! Can't wait! I was going to book a room at Weltek's hotel until I found out it was on the US side. Not that I have a problem with the US of A, it's just easier for us to stay on the Canuck side. I ended up getting a deal by cashing in my AirMiles so the room is only costing me about $130 Cdn for two nights. I only wish I was buying a new car BEFORE the trip instead of in the fall. We may see if we can borrow a friend's car for the trip. Our a/c is toast. One friend of ours borrowed our car (when it was all shiney new) for a trip to southern Ontario so turn about is fair play.

2. While weeding my vegetable garden and preparing it to plant on the weekend, I somehow managed to completely FRY a three inch strip across the small of my back. I'm serious. Totally fried! I spent most of yesterday on the couch laying on an icepack. I had no idea my back was exposed as I was bent over picking weeds. I really wished it had been Pantless Wednesday today because wearing pants was very painful today.

3. I finally got the disc with the RockStar pics today. I'll try to get the pictures posted this week. I may even post a picture of my sizzling back.

4. It's freaking hot and humid and there are scary dark clouds and extremely loud thunder happening outside right now so I'm signing off.

Miss you all! *smoooches*

13 Comments:

Blogger Breezy said...

*places icecube on Lighty's back*

Tue May 30, 09:38:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Poor Lightsie! Let this be a lesson to you. Don't pull weeds! :)

It was a bit cool on the North Shore so I wore long sleeves most of the time. And I anaged to get a sunburn on the backs of both hands. Very weird.

Tue May 30, 10:20:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Glowie said...

ugh. No more weeding. *blows on Lightsy's back*

Tue May 30, 10:36:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Hmmm, maybe I'll post pictures of my fried belly and we can compare our misery.
*smooch*

Tue May 30, 11:22:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger ~Nutz said...

dammit woman! You need to come visit us more!

I miss you mostest! *smooch*

Tue May 30, 12:28:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Puffy said...

*snaps a towel along the bottom of Lighty's back*

No, no, that wasn't me, that was HER! *points at one of the other bloggers*

Tue May 30, 12:54:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger mm said...

Ouch! What an awful place to burn! How exciting for you to be all booked for the big peep meet! :)

*smooches*

Tue May 30, 02:27:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Lasann said...

Sniffles because I can't come to the meet. *sobs*

Tue May 30, 05:37:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

I came here to get my supper.

Thu Jun 01, 07:34:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Seana said...

Ew. I hope your back is feeling better by now.

I'm so excited about getting to meet you all in NF!

Fri Jun 02, 12:44:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Yeah, the hotel thing was odd because it had Canadian pricing, so I thought it was on the Canadian side. Turns out it's on the US side, but I'm ok with that. Long as I can stumble back at the end of the night from wherever we are. :-)

Fri Jun 02, 04:31:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Syren said...

I wanna go to Niagra!!!!

Mon Jun 05, 06:52:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Coco said...

Sorry to hear you've been toasted.

*smooches lights*

Tue Jun 06, 01:20:00 p.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home