My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, April 11

Spring has sprung!

We spent the weekend doing spring cleaning. On Saturday we did windows, dusted, and washed everying in the rec room to get rid of the layer of dust spread by the woodstove over the winter.

Sunday I borrowed a carpet steam cleaner and shampooed all the carpets in the house. It was amazing how much sand was in the dirty water from the rec room.

Yesterday I looked out the kitchen window and saw the red buttons and black eyes from our snowman we made before Christmas. It made me giggle.

There's still snow on the front lawn and in other spots where it was piled by the snowblower this winter. I can't wait to see it all gone. The forecast for the next week looks good. We even put the summer tires on last night.

Friday night we picked up subs for supper and went to the cottage and ate them in the porch while looking at the stumps popping up out of the ice. For those who don't know, our lake level has been dropped by about eight feet while they repair a dam at the end of the lake. We won't have water right up to the shore this summer but once the dam is replaced we won't have to think about it ever again. This has been hanging over our heads ever since we bought the cottage. It's so bizzare to look out and see all the stumps that lurk under the surface during the summer. Dave is planning to shorten a few of them up from the paddle boat this summer. I'll try to get pictures.

Mean Jean still hasn't hired anyone for my job. I'm feeling something but I'm not sure what it is. Am I pissed? Am I hurt? Am I insulted? I'm not sure what it is. Everyone at work is saying it's just plain bizzare and weird. It's like they don't realize, or don't want to acknowledge, how much work I do. I've been getting lots of compliments from customers and co-workers though so I'm trying to keep that in mind. I just can't wait for Monday and the new chapter in my life to begin. This job is so huge for me. I spoke to my chiropractor/accupuncturist today and told her I got the job and she asked about my headaches. I told her they'd all but disappeared and she told me that she wasn't surprised.

I've been trying to get around to everyone's blogs and the websites that I frequent. My access at work is limited due to a computer change where I deleted all my favorites and a ridiculously slow connection speed at home. I finally called Bell Canada yesterday and they came today and advised that the problem was inside the house. The regular Bell guy (who is a friend of ours) wasn't working but the guy who showed up was pretty cool. He knew that we had lines we weren't paying for and said that he'd put it through as a no charge. He unhooked the line that was causing the problem and said that I could get Dave to fix it himself. He even told me how to do it. So after a week of connecting at 12 I'm back to a "speedy" 21.6! Woohoo! The joys of living in the boonies.

Tomorrow is my baby boy's 27th birthday! Whatcha getting him? *waits for T-Kitty's answer*

19 Comments:

Blogger momma said...

Glad the headaches are almost gone.

It's been just over 6 months since I changed positions within our company...they still haven't hired anyone. Guess who's still doing half of their old job? At least changing companies will eliminate that idea.

Happy Birthday to Jamie!

Tue Apr 11, 09:53:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Bravie said...

Spring? What's that? Still raining here in sunny California. *sigh*

Happy Birthday to Tkit's boyfriend. I just know she is going to spank him.

I hope you don't lose computer usage at the new job. *gasp*

Wed Apr 12, 08:41:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Lasann said...

Mean Jean can do your work. It'll do her some good - bitch.

Happy new job.

Wed Apr 12, 09:32:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Zombs said...

You are tiring me out with your cleaning!

What do you have now? One week left? Hopefully it will go by fast and peacfully.

Happy Spring to you!

Wed Apr 12, 09:50:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Aislinn Sirk said...

Yeah spring!

Isn't it lovely?

Mean Jean sounds like the type of person who has her head so far in the sand, she couldn't possibly realise what's going on. The company could go bankrupt in 2 months due to you not being there and I'm sure she wouldn't get the point.

Wed Apr 12, 09:51:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Yay for Spring! Our snow is totally gone!

I want pics of Dave shortening stumps while standing in a boat. I have no idea how long-submerged wood cuts. Will it be all mooshy and easy? Os so wet that it's a problem. Why are there submerged stumps anyway? Is it a created lake?

Maybe these past few years Mean Jean has really wanted to have your job, and plans to step into your shoes when you leave? Screw her - who cares! Two more days, Lights!!!!

Wed Apr 12, 10:07:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Wow, you've been busy! I need to clean my carpets. My sister has a Kirby steam cleaner & offered to bring it over sometime. I'll take her up on that.

I think pics of your DH whacking away at stumps with his chainsaw on the boat would be uber entertaining. Please don't partake in the craziness, it's better just to watch.

Wed Apr 12, 10:31:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Jen said...

I don't think I've said it yet, so Congrats on the new job, Lightsy! I'm happy for you.

Happy Birthday to Jamie! 27, you say?

Jen <--- 25 and single. *grin*

Wed Apr 12, 10:58:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Sonya said...

Happy early b-day to your son!

It has been in the 70's all week here.

Happy hump day!

Wed Apr 12, 11:00:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

Carey, I have no idea about computer usage at the new job but I probably won't even attempt it (unless I hear that it's okay) for the first six months while I'm in my probationary period. I'll be online from home though so I won't disappear completely.

Tomorrow is my last day! This has been the longest two weeks of my life!

Mean Jean and her spineless hubby both have their heads buried in the sand. Totally clueless about how their own company runs. No matter what happens I'll be an instant asshole the minute I walk out the door. It happens with everyone who leaves here of their own accord. But I'm okay with being an asshole if it means I don't have to see either of them ever again. *grin*

Swami, here's the link to the website for our cottage association.

http://www.riverainslactee.com/index.htm

After you click on English you will see a picture at the top of the page that was taken on the lake near our place. Our cottage would be to the far left of the picture where the snowmobile trail is headed.

Our end of the lake was created when the dam was built many, many moons ago. That's why the removal of the dam has caused such a problem. They're supposed to begin construction of the new dam in mid June. I've heard this from the two top guys in the cottage association so I'm hoping it's going to happen as scheduled and be completed this year.

Some of the people have gone out and used a chainsaw on the stumps that are sticking up through the ice now that the snow's gone down, but we're a little nervous about doing that because the Ministry of Natural Resources has all kinds of rules about doing stuff like that. Wouldn't want to kill a fish. Not that draining the effing lake didn't get them all first. *rolls eyes* I did hear that they're going to restock the lake once the dam is replaced.

Dave says he'll do his cutting at night, so picture him out in a paddleboat under the cover of darkness weilding a chainsaw. Maybe I should take a video camera. *snicker*

Wed Apr 12, 11:57:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger lights said...

Jen, you're the first of my friends that's actually in his age group that has declared interest. I'll see what I can do. Just don't tell T-Kitty. *giggle*

Wed Apr 12, 12:09:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Breezy said...

*smooch* I worked in my flower gardens last night. Spring has sprung here!

Wed Apr 12, 12:26:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

*gets out megaphone and yells into it*

JEN, STEP AWAY FROM JAMIE. I REPEAT, STEP AWAY FROM JAMIE.

I have plans for the birthday boy. Oh yes I do. It may even involve me going all "glowiebuckylove* on him. Has he gotten rid of that pesky girlfriend yet?

Wed Apr 12, 02:15:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger mm said...

Wow Lights! You've been busy! I am so excited about you leaving your old job and starting the new one.

And *yay* for the headaches going away!

Wed Apr 12, 03:14:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger Jen said...

Hey, don't blame me, Tkit. If you weren't drooling all over him, I might not have known how hot he was. Don't you have a husband or sumthin'? :P

Wed Apr 12, 11:55:00 p.m. EDT  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

Don't you have a husband or sumthin'?

Actually, Ms. Smarty Pants, if you must know, I have two. I have DH and I co-wife Mike Alstott with Carey. But that doesn't stop me from loving on Jamie and wanting to horde him all for myself. Hey! I don't see you giving Glowie any carp over her affair with Bucky (and I soooo want in on him too!)

Thu Apr 13, 08:14:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger thndrkttn said...

P.S. HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAMIE!!! Big *smooches*

Meet me in the closet later so I can give you your present. *wink*

Thu Apr 13, 08:15:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger yvonne said...

I had a nice reply all ready to go, then Blogger crashed on me TWICE! Since I'm genetically lazy and the thought of retyping it a third time makes me tired, I just want to say:

How was your last day at work?

Happy birthday Jamie.

Augie *hearts* Lightsy.

Sat Apr 15, 10:20:00 a.m. EDT  
Blogger Swami said...

Lightsie! What happened on your last day? Did Mean Jean cry? lol

Report!
Report!

Sat Apr 15, 11:03:00 a.m. EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home