My Photo
Name:
Location: Middle of Nowhere, Northern Ontario, Canada

Saturday, December 1

You are getting sleepy...

Apparently that's not how one gets hypnotized regardless of what you see on tv. Dusterboy went to a hypnotist on Monday to quit smoking. So far, so good. He's had a few cravings but not nearly as many as I thought he would. He actually goes long periods of time without even thinking about a smoke.

One of the girls I work with said her husband quit through hypnosis. He quit for 5 years and then started again. He smoked for three years and then quit again 3 1/2 years ago. I sure hope it works for Dusterboy. They hypnosis cost $80 but he can go back as many times as he wants for free if he feels he needs a little help the next time she's in town.

He has been snacking a little more. Tonight he was having a particularily rough craving for a cigarette and he was repeating, "I'm a non-smoker, I am smoke-free" as he walked through the kitchen looking for something to snack on. He then changed his chant to, "I am an eater, what will I eat next?" *snort*

I am still smoking. For now. I don't smoke in front of him and I'm down to about 3 a day from about 7 a day. I do plan to quit once I'm convinced he's going to stick with this and when I'm ready. One thing I've learned about quitting is that I have to be doing it on my own timetable. I've quit before while he was still smoking and ended up starting again because he was always smoking in front of me. For now I'm smoking in the bathroom (or the car) because it's too effing cold to go outside! It was -25C here this morning! It's freaking December 1st! It's not supposed to be THAT cold until January!

Any good vibes and non-smoking thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

8 Comments:

Blogger mtw said...

*good vibes*
*non-smoking thoughts*
*smooches* <-- those are a bonus! :-)

Sun Dec 02, 04:01:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger momma said...

lots of love and support heading your way. i tried earlier this year. and gave up. probably too easily. i need to regain my motivation and try again.

Sun Dec 02, 10:23:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Breezy said...

*sends lots of non-smoking thoughts*

Mon Dec 03, 08:40:00 a.m. EST  
Blogger kim (weltek) said...

Definitely sending good vibes his way (and yours for dealing with him).

LOL @ his new eating mantra.

Mon Dec 03, 02:17:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Swami said...

*blows smoke into blog*
Oh wait, I don't smoke.

*sends Dusterboy Xmas cookies fit for snacking*

Mon Dec 03, 04:34:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Puffy said...

Good luck on the non-smoking to both of you! Your lungs and health will appreciate it.

Mon Dec 03, 08:06:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger maroonclown said...

6 years ago I joined a newsgroup online for people quitting.

I don't know if they still have newsgroups.

It worked like a charm because they all understood the 3's of quitting. Cravings at 3 hours, 3 days, 3 months and 3 years. It's weird but true.

Good luck to Dusterboy. Chop up lots of veggies for him !

You'll do it on your own time. Set a quit date and smoke 'em while you got 'em. Even if you don't want to smoke. Force yourself until your quit date.

This sounds weird too, but it works.

Tue Dec 04, 01:32:00 p.m. EST  
Blogger Bravie said...

Good luck to you both. We are supposed to quit in January. *sigh* I'm so bad at quitting smoking. *sigh*

Tue Dec 04, 01:57:00 p.m. EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home